What do you think of pro-x connecting rods

I've had good results with Pro-X rod kits. Have run them in pretty much every 600 build I've done.

I just ordered the above kit that Steve posted but was a little concerned with the packaging Jawsys did. It was shipped in a USPS padded package but the Pro-X box was beat to heck. There was a little hole in the plastic bag in the box and a few of the big end bearings escaped. Fortunately they never escaped the USPS package. Also, this kit didn't come with the thrust washers, I believe it should have. I ordered a 600 kit from them a few weeks prior and it had the washers. Box was a little beat up too but not nearly as bad as the 650L box was.

Yeah I looked at these before I posted, so you are good with prox?

Those falicons don't seem to come with crank pin washers and bearing and theyre twice the price .

I'm not going to do any racing, I am going to build a street supermoto look is all.  I am fishing for motors . I have

a wanted classified her at the thump. Thanks .  What do you Mcma111 think about putting an xrl crank in an 83 xl 600

to get electric start?   Of course I know I have to change the mag cover to get all the entrails and starter motor . Also thanks zrxer.

23 hours ago, JoeRC51 said:

I guess ever since the old man died.

I don't know how old you are,  but the Al Baker who owned it wasn't all that old when he died.   Though that has been a pretty long time ago.   "Chatty" Al,  who a lot of people must really  miss.  Dumb stunt.  

10 hours ago, zrxer said:

bobcan-Maybe my build thread will help?

10 hours ago, bobcan said:

Yeah I looked at these before I posted, so you are good with prox?

Those falicons don't seem to come with crank pin washers and bearing and theyre twice the price .

I'm not going to do any racing, I am going to build a street supermoto look is all.  I am fishing for motors . I have

a wanted classified her at the thump. Thanks .  What do you Mcma111 think about putting an xrl crank in an 83 xl 600

to get electric start?   Of course I know I have to change the mag cover to get all the entrails and starter motor . Also thanks zrxer.

I was thinking the same thing,  bought an engine for an xr650l to put in my early xl600.   the top ends flop from one to the other.   head cylinder etc,  the engine I bought has a broken left case and was short the starter (which I knew).  mine is getting the back end cut off and going with twin shocks and a flattrack theme,  glass and forks.   I am going to have lots of leftovers.   I am going with the 650 single port head,  if you know anyone that wants a reasonably low time xl600 head and carbs (7 k miles,  last ridden in 2003).   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcma111 said:

XR600 crank uses the thrust washers. The XR650l does not use the thrust washers.

Does anyone know why? Any way to build an xr600 crank like the 650L ? Does the 650L ever have any side to side wear on crank end at rod, failures?

4 hours ago, mcma111 said:

XR600 crank uses the thrust washers. The XR650l does not use the thrust washers.

Well, that's good to know. Guess I've never looked at a 650L crank that close before. :blush: