Trail Tech Voyager GPS 500XCW

I do a lot of dual sport riding and have been looking at the Trail Tech Voyager for a while now. So I broke down and purchased the unit with the aluminum protective mount.

While installing and had the bike plastics and tank stripped I noted a small counter shaft seal leak, so glad I found this. Waiting for parts for that. The o ring looked good but I will just replay it all as next month I am headed to Colorado for the X-Roads of the Rockies ride in August.

The Voyager unit I have to say for me was a PITA to install, the reviews are pretty good but...... Mostly the radiator temp sensor that you have to cut hoses connect into the system I kept having to screw with. But I will like having an actual temp sensor on this bike. I have dine a lot to keep it cool. Now that it is all mounted I am glad I have it but jesus what a pain. 

Once I get the new counter shaft o ring and seal in I will ride it around and test it out.

Voyager.JPG

IMGP2822.JPG

Voyager1.JPG

IMGP2823.JPG

voyager2.JPG

• Like 1

I've had my Voyager for about a year now, I'm very happy with it.

For the shaft seal, replace the seal, o-ring,and bolt and washer. they are cheap. And it needs to have the correct thickness of sprocket.

Some after market sprocket are to thin.i

I finished repairing the seal and O ring yesterday. I put the thicker o ring in it, I have the dirt tricks washer on it, so far so good. I rode around some and like the temp sensor  readout. Heats up quick slow riding it.

Now that the work is done, I am glad its done and I have it.

Before the Ride in colorado I plan put a new battery in it also as the this one was a little sluggish and gave out quickly as I changed the fuell filter also and it needed to crank a little longer than usual.

Edited by KAG

On 7/2/2017 at 8:05 PM, KAG said:

The o ring looked good but I will just replay it all as next month I am headed to Colorado for the X-Roads of the Rockies ride in August.

That X-Roads ride looks like FUN!  We're going to be in that same area that next week (we will be in the Taylor area, which is close), but we'll be on our own.  Interested to hear your impressions of the ride!  It's too bad that they only take 75 applicants.  I understand keeping it small, but that's not very many people at all, and I'm sure, fills up fast...

Good luck!!!

• Like 1