best tire for sand/soft dirt?

Looking at replacing the slightly worn dun lop tires on my 450. currently have mx52's on my bike

only looking to get dunlops. nothing else, do they have a sand/soft dirt tire? I was thinking a mx3s for the rear and a 52 for the front? or do they make that mx11 tires still? 

thanks

Your thread should read: Best Dunlop  tire for sand/soft dirt.

Best in general includes many other brands!

As for sticking with Dunlop, you have 2 choices, the MX11 and MX31:

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-mx11-geomax-front-tire

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-mx31-geomax-soft-front-tire

The MX31 is likely more versatile if ever you encounter occasional intermediate conditions.

Edited by mlatour

4 hours ago, mlatour said:

Your thread should read: Best Dunlop  tire for sand/soft dirt.

Best in general includes many other brands!

As for sticking with Dunlop, you have 2 choices, the MX11 and MX31:

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-mx11-geomax-front-tire

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-mx31-geomax-soft-front-tire

The MX31 is likely more versatile if ever you encounter occasional intermediate conditions.

Agree with title comment. Here in sand world, the tire combo that's popular with the hare scramble guys is Michelin S12 up front, and your Dunlop MX3S on the back. We have sugar sand here, which is no joke.

i apologize.

i don't know would it be worth trying a mx11? i've used 31 and 32's on the rear before on 250's and they got destroyed... 

where i ride there is a lot of sand, dirt, rocks and gravel. single trail is dirt. mx11 still a good choice ?

Why only Dunlops?  I haven't used a Dunlop tire since I quit riding street.  My middle son bought MX52s last year and hates them.  Like the rest of us he switched to Kendas.  Michelin is also a good choice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Why only Dunlops?  I haven't used a Dunlop tire since I quit riding street.  My middle son bought MX52s last year and hates them.  Like the rest of us he switched to Kendas.  Michelin is also a good choice.

let me guess the parker dt

1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Lol, they're running Washougal 2.

after these at81s hit the dust im going kenda :)

For me, the MX11 is the best biting tire I've used to date.

It has excellent traction on harder surfaces too, but won't last as long.

I've only found it in a 110, but many guys I ride with use the 110 on their 450's.

The bite is considerable, and may change your riding position/style.

Mx3s are better than the 52s in all conditions. In soft conditions they are a huge improvement. The Mx3s front is currently the best front I have ever used for varied conditions.

The MX11 is really only suitable for proper sand tracks. 

I run MX11 on the front and rear and its great on sand and they look great, but not something that is good at all on any sort of hard surface (Plus it wears way to quick on a slightly hard track)

I run the MX52 on other surfaces, but they still do okay in the sand when sharp.

I agree with nascarnate326 I got that tire stock on my 250sxf and it's working really well in sandy, rocky and lose dirt which I have a lot of here in Arizona. The only issue is the tire wears really quick. I have about 3 hours on my bike and the tire is showing significant wear. I'm going to switch to a maxxis desert IT when the tire wears out.

I really like my Michelin Starcross 5 soft terrain tires. Really grippy in dirt, and do very well in sand.