New rims needed...suggestions.

Bent my front rim today, not sure how but need a new one. I've been wanting black rims, so depending on budgets now might be the time to switch. Looking for suggestions on a good black rim tough rim?

Buy the Tusk set from RockyMountainATV/MC - I'm running them on my race bike, and they have been incredible so far! Just about $500 or so for the set - love them! Bonus - they come with the red anodized hubs!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain758 said:

Buy the Tusk set from RockyMountainATV/MC - I'm running them on my race bike, and they have been incredible so far! Just about $500 or so for the set - love them! Bonus - they come with the red anodized hubs!

Not sure what kind of racing you are doing, but I'd be kind of careful racing on cheap Chinese wheels...I've seen rims coming apart, multiple spokes breaking, hubs coming apart, bearing failures, etc.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:07 PM, CRF DOC said:

Not sure what kind of racing you are doing, but I'd be kind of careful racing on cheap Chinese wheels...I've seen rims coming apart, multiple spokes breaking, hubs coming apart, bearing failures, etc.

The guys from our shop all have them and run from AM to PRO desert and moto- not a single problem with any of them. Just make sure that with any wheel, you check the spokes after the first several rides. One of our guys had to tighten his even into the fourth ride. On my bike, they have been tight since I torqued them the first day. It was easy for me to support Tusk, as their R&D program is here in Utah - so for me I wanted to support a local company. So far, I haven't had an issue with any of the Tusk products.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:38 PM, CRF DOC said:

Toughest...DID DirtStar STX

Best Price...SRT Black standard rim

SRT?

DID dirt star STX up front.

Whatever you want in the back (I run warp 9's cuz im a cheap bastard).

My logic is that you never want the front wheel to fail so its worth the extra cash.

*edit* Someone mentioned the Tusk/Warp 9 stuff. Its a great wheel at a great price however the bearings provided only lasted me about 20 hours. I have since popped in Bearing Connection stuff and they are close to 80 hours. My Talon front hub has never needed a bearing replacement at over 100; take that for what its worth they ain't cheap.

Edited by macklikesbikes
  • Like 1