seats or seat covers or?

Ok, while my seat is fine (although, there is a 1" tear on it) I wanted to hear about seat covers and/or aftermarket seats. I have seen some mention low or high seats? I have also seen seat covers. What can I buy ready to bolt on? For the seat covers, do I need to pull the staples and then use new staples? What staples? where do I get them if I need to pull and install new ones?

Just wondering what is out there

Hey Jimbo, check Youtube, there are some excellent tutorials on just that subject there, it'll answer all your questions for sure.

9 hours ago, 74jimbo said:

Ok, while my seat is fine (although, there is a 1" tear on it) I wanted to hear about seat covers and/or aftermarket seats. I have seen some mention low or high seats? I have also seen seat covers. What can I buy ready to bolt on? For the seat covers, do I need to pull the staples and then use new staples? What staples? where do I get them if I need to pull and install new ones?

Just wondering what is out there

You'll need a small air stapler and T1 6mm staples.

I have changed many mx seat covers with ease. I recently tried putting on a N-style gripper and ended up taking it to an auto upholstery. They told me they had to steam the cover and use 2 guys .

Shaving the stock seat foam is a thinner version of the same problem.  Have a low Seat Concepts, still get monkey butt but much further into the ride.  Can't speak for seat diapers

I actually don't want to shave anything. I like the height where it is at

I just use an electric stapler with 1/4" staples, avaliable at any hardware. The regular seat concepts cover and foam kit is the cheapest and easiest to install and is very good quality. For an extra 120. bucks you can get it with the seat pan if you don't want to risk putting a staple through your finger.