My first MX open practice

I guess that's one of the pitfalls of being in the beginner class...folks getting stuck or going down in areas a Novice+ would breeze through.

I'm supposed to go to the OTHG tent between 7-7:30 to check in and get my membership card. I live on the peninsula in San Mateo so that means I have to have the truck loaded and be on the road by 5:30. I will ask about the 408MX race in Oct. when I check in.

408mx's calendar shows an OTHG practice on Saturday the 14th but doesn't mention a race on Sunday.

It's all good if I can only get one eval in this year...I still love trail riding at Hollister/Metcalf so I will keep myself in ride shape til next year. (hopefully)

:thumbsup:

I asked about the MX408 and Riverfront races on the Bay OTHG forum. MX408 confirmed to be canceled. The Riverfront race will be a normal gang race with a "2 stroke" class added in so you can do your second eval there if you want.

22 minutes ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

I asked about the MX408 and Riverfront races on the Bay OTHG forum. MX408 confirmed to be canceled. The Riverfront race will be a normal gang race with a "2 stroke" class added in so you can do your second eval there if you want.

That is excellent news! Thanks for checking!

Maybe I will see ya on Sunday if you're going to the race. ;)

On 7/3/2017 at 11:06 AM, Force10 said:

... but riding a prepped muddy track with rutted corners ...

I live for this!

On 8/10/2017 at 8:36 PM, Force10 said:

Where I live I can't just hop on my bike on my property and ride. It's a good 45mins to an hour drive to the closest place ...

But where you live you are surrounded by some pretty darn fun MX tracks:

ClubMoto, Livermore CA (I live 15 minutes from this track!)
Argyll MX, Dixon CA - a bit more tame, you so try to visit this track
Diablo MX, Brentwood CA
MX408, San Jose CA (this one should only be about a 15-20 minutes from you)
Metcalf, San Jose CA - I never been to this one.
MMX Main track, Marysville CA. Dirt track.
MMX Sand track, Marysville CA. I list this separate because riding sand is awesome!
E Street, Marysville CA - deep sand track, I love this place. Wish it were closer to me. They have a GP (dirt) track too.
Riverfront, Marysville CA- dirt track. I have not been back there since the winter rains flood wipe it out. I heard it is as good as ever. Plan on going there in the fall.
Hangtown, Rancho Cordova CA
Ione Sands MX - not open to the public yet but hopefully soon.

Add in the tracks the have at the OHV parks. I don't go to those hardly much at all anymore as I prefer a well ripped and watered track.

I'm pretty sure there are people on this forum not feeling sorry for you about this. :ride:

lol...that's true, it could be worse for sure. I was making that statement comparing the scores of folks that live in rural areas that have property...or even tracks right out their backdoor.

If they want to ride...they can be on the bike and practicing in two mins. That's one of the reasons I wish I got into this 20 years ago. On ride day...it's up early, load the truck with tools, gear, bikes...drive for two hours...unload gear...bikes etc. I'm almost wiped out before I throw my leg over the bike...lol. Then after a hard ride...it's load, drive two hours again...unload etc.

Being an older guy...that's a long day! I was just envious of the folks that can "knock out" some practice before work in the morning like it was nothing. It's just more of an ordeal living in the Silicon Valley. Trust me though...I will gladly do the above to get my dirt fix in!