2015 Crf 450 hrc camshaft

Hi all 

I recently bought a low hour crf 450 and would like a little more top end , i have seen a hrc 2013 to 2015 camshaft for sale , does anyone have any info on these , do they run on stock springs and how would they compare to a hotcams stage 2 .

Many thanks 

Chris

5 hours ago, Shawn_Mc said:

Youre going to want to get the ECU remapped. Tokyo Mods does a decent map.

I have a get ecu on the bike so it will have that mapped .

Ive had both cams. My 13 has an rhc cam in currently. I ran a hc stage 2 cam before. I think the rhc cam has more bottom. I also tHink The hc stage 2 IMO had more top end. If i remember right the hc is a more aggressive grind. 

They're both really good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polishhammer said:

Ive had both cams. My 13 has an rhc cam in currently. I ran a hc stage 2 cam before. I think the rhc cam has more bottom. I also tHink The hc stage 2 IMO had more top end. If i remember right the hc is a more aggressive grind. 

Thanks for the reply but it was the HRC cam i was after information on , there was one on ebay for a good price , but i couldnt find out anything about it so i played safe and got the hotcams , RHC would no doubt be better but im in the uk .

On 07/07/2017 at 0:29 PM, Polishhammer said:

Did you lose any hit off the bottom end ,i fitted mine at the weekend and rode it on sunday , and although it seems to rev out more it seems the hit has gone from the bottom end , i know it will need mapping to suit the cam but i wasnt expecting for it to be much different if any on the bottom .

Run a thinner head gasket cometic makes a -9thou and and a thinner base-5. That hrc is a stock cam,they dont sell racing parts to the public .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, galligar said:

Run a thinner head gasket cometic makes a -9thou and and a thinner base-5. That hrc is a stock cam,they dont sell racing parts to the public .

It was listed as coming direct from the team 

buy it they dont sell team parts here on the open market. If they do its undercover not on ebay.

I think I do remember it losing some bottom end. I put  a vertex 13.6 hc piston and it livened it up with the hot cams cam.

I took the hc piston out and put a new stock one in when I put the rhc cam in.

I sold the hot cams cam but still have the  vertex piston sitting on the shelf. 

6 hours ago, fireball722 said:

With hotcam stage 2 and 13.5 piston is there anything we should do to have a great set up 

A decent port job wouldn't hurt, with a good pipe. But getting the carb or EFI right is probably the biggest thing.

tokyo mods built my 15 we used a single fmf and they custom built a map for the vortex ecu ,bike was almost too much. 14-1,cam,ported,hd valve springs, modded throttle body tuned for vpu4.4. The vortex is much better for tuning vs the stock ecu. Bike ran a 47 on the rear and I never used the clutch, made insane bottom and top.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, galligar said:

tokyo mods built my 15 we used a single fmf and they custom built a map for the vortex ecu ,bike was almost too much. 14-1,cam,ported,hd valve springs, modded throttle body tuned for vpu4.4. The vortex is much better for tuning vs the stock ecu. Bike ran a 47 on the rear and I never used the clutch, made insane bottom and top.

that could easily have been a 62-64 hp bike.