Cased A 60' Tabletop - Video Now Added

Came up 3' short on one of the pro tabletop jumps at Jewell MX.  Rear wheel caught the lip, bucked my body off the bike, then smashed my chest off the handlebars and flew 20' in the air past my bike.  Pretty sure I cracked my sternum, but I still plan on riding again today.  I freaking hurt like a mofo tho.  No point in going to the doctor, because I've had broken ribs before and they don't do anything for you.

Screenshot_2017-07-02-18-55-22.png

Screenshot_2017-07-02-19-00-08.png

Screenshot_2017-07-02-19-00-24.png

Edited by High On Octane
1 hour ago, Monk said:

No need to use a chest protector either... 

Looks like he's got one on?

1 minute ago, Tankslap said:

Looks like he's got one on?

3rd pic doesn't appear that way... 

1 minute ago, Monk said:

3rd pic doesn't appear that way... 

The black thing on his arm looks like part of it, which if true is more protection than most chest pros have these days.

Definitely agree with the sentiment, dudes have died by stopping their heart with a blow from the crossbar pad.

Little more gas,speed and momentum next time and you got it :thumbsup: awesome pics tho lol plastic chest protector helps you skid across the ground also :ride:

1 hour ago, Monk said:

No need to use a chest protector either... 

If it wasn't for my chest protector I'd probably be in the hospital right.  I'm so thankful I own and wear one.

13 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Little more gas,speed and momentum next time and you got it :thumbsup: awesome pics tho lol plastic chest protector helps you skid across the ground also :ride:

Yep, should have hit throttle sooner coming out of the turn.  Live and learn, how else do you learn how do it?  LoL

5 minutes ago, High On Octane said:

If it wasn't for my chest protector I'd probably be in the hospital right.  I'm so thankful I own and wear one.

Yep, should have hit throttle sooner coming out of the turn.  Live and learn, how else do you learn how do it?  LoL

Next time and anytime you come up short hold that thing wide open will take the hard impact out and possibly save you from crashing :thumbsup: but been there done that yes lol know you know what ya need for next time. Rail that corner and jump will be eaay

3 hours ago, High On Octane said:

Pace someone you know who is going to clear it. Helps if they are not going anything outside your ability level (like whipping and scrubbing).

Yep, better to have tried and lived than not try at all.

Broken/separated ribs hurt like a mo-fo at first, then after a while, just a minor annoyance until properly healed. Been then and done that wakeboarding.

3 hours ago, Motox367 said:

That's why I like a wrap around one (Fox Raptor) that way I can go sliding on my back and sides as well. I've tested that theory on a couple occasions.

19 minutes ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

That's why I like a wrap around one (Fox Raptor) that way I can go sliding on my back and sides as well. I've tested that theory on a couple occasions.

Oh so have I lol 

Not my first crash by any means at all, but it certainly was a vicious one.  Just got home so will upload video soon.  I actually camped out the track last night and didn't have good enough reception to post video clips, hence why I posted pics.

Here's the video as promised, complete with slo-mo.  I think I may have actually gotten knocked for a couple of seconds after hitting the dirt.  I knew yesterday I had bit my tongue a little, but today now that I'm home relaxing I noticed my right cheek is slightly bruised and my neck is stiff.  Also, in the vid, it looks like I go limp right after impact, then back to.

I don't see any good reason for the crash... You need to hang on to your bars man, keep them straight. You highsided yourself. 

1 hour ago, Donald Sander said:

I don't see any good reason for the crash... You need to hang on to your bars man, keep them straight. You highsided yourself. 

Well, didn't you get the message?   You're the best at life.  You win!

Not exactly sure how I high-sided myself when my body wasn't even on the the bike anymore.  But, thanks for the all the wisdom you have shared.  With your advice, I now have enough confidence to hit any jump, anywhere, any time!

Yep a pretty good dirt sample. Glad you're OK. I'm no expert by any means, but I see you swapping to left before landing (1st time). To get it back inline, bring the revs up to get rear spinning as you hug left leg back in. If you can't get it back, be on gas for landing this will help drive out of swap. Always be on gas for every landing. Keep riding!

Looks lol you were in a sitting position when landing.  Threw your weight off. Whitch would've been ok if you just got the front tire over down slope I bet.  If you come up short on a table just at the end like that gotta be ready for it and know that's what's going to happen.  So stand up hold that sucker wide open before you land you'll kinda propell forward it will be nothing.  Becomes instinct after awhile. Got a big run at that jump go little faster next time and you got it

Thanks guys.  I knew to hit the throttle to bring the ass end down in the air.  But after several mentions I realized that I do come on the throttle a little late when landing jumps.  This is also only my second season hitting jumps, I seriously only have about 5-6 months of experience of track riding.  Had a YZ125 about 5 years ago, and that was only other season I've ridden track.  So like 15-20 trips to the track 5 years ago, and just got back on a dirt bike a couple months ago.  I don't really have anyone to teach me, so I watch YouTube videos and push myself hard.

Hey I've woke up to paramedics holding fingers in my face a couple times myself.  Happens move forward 

2 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Looks lol you were in a sitting position when landing.  Threw your weight off. Whitch would've been ok if you just got the front tire over down slope I bet.  If you come up short on a table just at the end like that gotta be ready for it and know that's what's going to happen.  So stand up hold that sucker wide open before you land you'll kinda propell forward it will be nothing.  Becomes instinct after awhile. Got a big run at that jump go little faster next time and you got it

The people who run the track actually watched the whole thing happen.  According to the owner, when my rear wheel hit the landing lip, the bike bounced me so hard it actually put me into a superman position, so I basically belly flopped off my bike when I came back down from the rebound.  Well, at least now I have a crazy crash video to submit to Fail Army. ?