High On Octane

Cased A 60' Tabletop - Video Now Added

70 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2017 at 10:35 AM, ScrewMx_Hd said:

Don't really know what i was thinking. I Put my hands up to fix the camera but cut out the rest of the video cause it was all just me trying to kick the bike over, finally started and let the clutch out and heard a metal crunch 

Ouch that sucks sorry to hear that!!  Your Bike was sounding really good too!  Time to rebuild and make it even better ;) 

Ouch that sucks sorry to hear that!!  Your Bike was sounding really good too!  Time to rebuild and make it even better  

Rebuilt the friday before the next race, pulled the holeshot again, led the whole race and wound up winning the championship for 2016-2017. that's me on the podium with the best mechanic (my dad) in front IMG_1628.PNG
5 people like this

1 minute ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

Rebuilt the friday before the next race, pulled the holeshot again, led the whole race and wound up winning the championship for 2016-2017. that's me on the podium with the best mechanic (my dad) in front IMG_1628.PNG

Awesome job man that's what it's all about :thumbsup::thumbsup: made your father proud 

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

Congrats!

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

That's awesome bro!  Congrats! 

Did my first riding this weekend since the crash.  Stayed off of the pro track for now, but was feeling good on the intermediate track.  I'm getting a lot better at cornering now too.  It was brought to my attention on a different thread that I was looking down too much.  So, I started focusing on the exit of the corner instead of where I am in the rut.  Way faster in the corners now!  Now I just got to keep practicing it.

4 people like this

On 8/6/2017 at 7:05 AM, High On Octane said:

Well, it's officially been 5 weeks today since the crash.  Freaking jonesing big time to ride.  The healing process is going great except for my rib, that S.O.B. is still bothering me.  Sternum on the other hand is feeling great.  No real discomfort or pain from there unless I sneeze.  Been thinking about working out on the elliptical machine in the fitness room here at my apts, but have been having a hard time waking up in the morning.

Anyway, been slowly getting myself back into regular activities.  Last weekend, I got back on my drift trike and thrashed for a few hours and felt pretty good.  My family will be here for the week visiting this week, so will likely borrow my boss's kayaks and take the kids kayaking in the reservoir at Cherry Creek state park where they are staying at.  Should be great exercise for getting my core back up to par.  And no real current there, so shouldn't be any worries of overdoing it and can take it easy.

Next weekend, we're taking the RV to the track for the weekend for some trail riding, and the get my kids and my mom on the boss's quad.  I still would like to do the hare scramble on September 17, so will be a race of taking it easy at first, and slowly push myself a little harder each weekend.  So, will definitely need to start working out.

How are you doing? Hopefully your doing a lot better by now. 

What made me thing of this post: I was riding at Diablo MX here in NorCal. It was my third time at this track and I really like it. It has this rather long table (sound familiar?) that I've been happy to just case it and ride away. To date I'll do just about any double but any triple or long table freaks my mind. Since I've been gaining speed in other sections of the track I'm pretty well able to match pace with people going through the whoops right before this table. So as I was going through the whoops and had a fast guy (you know the kind of guy who is absolutely clear it) beside me I decided to just match his pace. It was by far the biggest table (or any other jump for that matter) that I've ever done. I had so much hang time in the air - even though the face of this one is not horrible steep, just that you get a really good run at it. I remember thinking "wow I'm going high and far, no way I'm coming up short". Hit the down ramp just perfect. Fast guy departed but I had that jump for the rest of the day.

Fortunately there are a lot of good local riders. Pretty easy to pick someone out and just follow at the tracks around here.

That was the first time I was at a track for just over 2 weeks. I had went to a regular practice night at a track where there was going to be an OTHG race. I was 3 laps into the first moto still breaking in the track and I pulled a back muscle basically doing nothing. Getting old bites as it's been a while since I pulled something in my back and never took 2 weeks to recover. I ended up missing the race that weekend.

For me, I'm happy to be progressing just a little at a time. Best chances of staying un-injured.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, GoneDirtBikeN said:

How are you doing? Hopefully your doing a lot better by now. 

What made me thing of this post: I was riding at Diablo MX here in NorCal. It was my third time at this track and I really like it. It has this rather long table (sound familiar?) that I've been happy to just case it and ride away. To date I'll do just about any double but any triple or long table freaks my mind. Since I've been gaining speed in other sections of the track I'm pretty well able to match pace with people going through the whoops right before this table. So as I was going through the whoops and had a fast guy (you know the kind of guy who is absolutely clear it) beside me I decided to just match his pace. It was by far the biggest table (or any other jump for that matter) that I've ever done. I had so much hang time in the air - even though the face of this one is not horrible steep, just that you get a really good run at it. I remember thinking "wow I'm going high and far, no way I'm coming up short". Hit the down ramp just perfect. Fast guy departed but I had that jump for the rest of the day.

Fortunately there are a lot of good local riders. Pretty easy to pick someone out and just follow at the tracks around here.

That was the first time I was at a track for just over 2 weeks. I had went to a regular practice night at a track where there was going to be an OTHG race. I was 3 laps into the first moto still breaking in the track and I pulled a back muscle basically doing nothing. Getting old bites as it's been a while since I pulled something in my back and never took 2 weeks to recover. I ended up missing the race that weekend.

For me, I'm happy to be progressing just a little at a time. Best chances of staying un-injured.

That's awesome bro!  I remember the first time I hit the big table on the intermediate track like 5 years ago on my YZ125.  I was so pumped and was so proud of myself.  About 2 months later, I was practicing the 2 back to back tables repeatedly and kept coming up short on the bigger table.  So, all pissed off I hit it pinned in 4th gear and over-shot it by 10-20 feet, washed out on the landing and bruised my entire hip socket.  So, yeah, not my first time crashing.  Hahaha!  :cripple:

Anyway.  I made a complete and full recovery right at the 8 weeks mark.  Haven't experienced any lingering side effects from the injury to note.  And, about a month ago I started body building as I realized how WAAAAY out of shape I was.  I am a former kickboxer and MMA fighter and was in prime shape during my 20's.  Then the realization of getting ready to turn 39 and feeling weaker than a 10 year school girl, I decided it was time to change things.  Haven't put on too much muscle yet, but I have dropped 4 pounds since starting lifting.

I'm actually heading out to the same track today with some friends.  One rider is better than me, I'm better than the other.  But, my one friend who is a better rider can hit most of the jumps on the pro track.  Not sure if I'll work up the balls to hit the one table again today, but there is a big step up I know he can hit no problem, and my goal is to be able to clear that jump with confidence by the end of today.

3 people like this

I try to hold my bike on the limiter if ive come up short, infact I find landing all big jumps now I rev to limiter right before landing, it smooths out the landing, seems to have saved me several times, I have also crashed very much the same as you, but luckily got up and kept racing. 

An example is at 6:10 of this video, rider comes up a little short, (the honda)

Edited by Chicken Mac