2000 YZ426F Thumb Throttle Conversion

First off, this my first posting as well as my first Yamaha bike!

Figure I'll catch flak for this, but I am looking to replace my twist throttle with a thumb control setup as it's easier on my hand and wrist (multiple surgeries on my throttle hand). I've heard a couple guys say that the modern YFZ450 or Raptor bikes will be a direct fit, but that sounds far too good to be true... 

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

If is has a Keinith FCR carb then I would think that a thumb throttle from a carbureted YFZ450 would work. Go to website like RMATV that shows parts schematics and compare your bike to a 2004 YFZ450 and see if the carb looks similar, specifically where the throttle cables attach. You just need to stay away from the YFZ450r models as they have fuel injection.

Andrew

Thanks for the response, I'll be sure to check them out. Biggest issue I'm facing is that the bike runs a dual throttle cable, and I'm pretty sure no one has ever released that setup for a thumb throttle. I keep seeing conflicting reports on if that causes any issues, have you ever done or seen a bike with a swap done? 

Was racing big race down In Pennsylvania years ago waiting in plus 25A staging look over and guy next to me had thumb throttle.  Said he was pro qaud racer felt more comfortable.  Was a crf450 tho maybe around 05-06 then. So I'm sure it will work somehow