Throttle cable issue

Had a peculiar thing happen to my 06 250 (X wannabe). I was running an enduro and while trying to rocket out of a corner before a checkpoint, my bike revved to the moon. I hit the kill switch immediately and pushed the bike the final 100'. After getting checked in, I pulled the boot off of the throttle housing and discovered that the metal spiral part of the sheath expanded. I collapsed it back, zip tied the cable and finished the second half of the race.

So I would tend to think that the cable got hung up on something but: 1) I double checked my routing and it is by the book and 2) the corner was in an open field. The cable literally had 10 hrs on it. What do you guys think, go with another genuine Yamaha cable or try a motion pro?

1 minute ago, HeavyRotation said:

How much slack you run? Sounds like you just need to slow your ass down, quit abusing that poor throttle cable! emoji16.png

Nah, that throttle cable gets plenty of time to rest in between the heavy handed moments. I had it backed off so that when the slide is resting, I could counter rotate the grip 1/16"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeavyRotation said:

How much slack you run? Sounds like you just need to slow your ass down, quit abusing that poor throttle cable! emoji16.png

I don't have nothing to say on this post but dang... That selfy of you in your avatar is down right sexy big boy.... :lol:

Ok, I'll ad to the post. I tend to stick with OEM on cables feeling I get the right one. But like everything, there are monday cables, and friday after lunch cables. 

• Like 1

I don't have nothing to say on this post but dang... That selfy of you in your avatar is down right sexy big boy.... 

Ok, I'll ad to the post. I tend to stick with OEM on cables feeling I get the right one. But like everything, there are monday cables, and friday after lunch cables. 

Silence of the Lambs. Buffalo Bill. It puts the lube on its throttle cable!

• Like 1