Recording A/F data for a dirt bike?

Anyone recording there A/F ratio data, if so how so? I was thinking the easiest way would be to cut and weld into the header pipe and hook up a gauge. Then play around with it to see what I am working with. Then plug it up when I don't need it. Then I was thinking there has to be something out there made for this sort of thing.

However something that would record a bunch of other data like temps, RPM, etc would probably be more in the territory of a F/I sport bike. 

Anyone hook up a gauge to there dirt bike? Or just go with a sniffer?

What is this crap. How come when I search the same exact thing I get nothing. Most of the for sale box seems to be for f/i or atleast thats what im getting from the descriptions. For my case i'm talking about a bike with a carb, drz that is, but just wondering if there is any A/F data gauge that records or if buying a whole data logging system is the only way to achieve that.

Edited by SKIPPY PB

How can a gauge record? That makes no sense.

Ever heard of paper and pencil?

Weld on a bung, get a sensor and a gauge, and go to work.

....or, but the 'whole data logging system'..........

Tons of options on ebay.

Tons of piece together systems via Amazon.

I weld on a bung and I have a Dyno Jet Wide Band Commander that I use to log A/F numbers when doing a test run.

I have an older version of this:

http://www.dynojetwb2.com/

It records RPM, A/F, TPS and engine temps when I put it on the machine. You have a to have a 12V power supply on board and a switch to start and stop logging.

I've written a PC program to graph the rpm and A/F numbers

Run 2 1-2 Throttle.jpg

Run 2 1-4 Throttle.jpg

• Like 1