Tanks again... specifically the Acerbis 3.9 gal. for 400S

Like others before me, I've read the threads regarding tanks.  I have yet to find much information related specifically to the Acerbis 3.9 gallon tank for the DRZ400S/SM (NOT E).  My bike is a new S with it's 10 litre tank and it seems I'm filling every time I'm out, so I've been checking the options.  There are many opinions regarding the various IMS, Clarke, and Safari tanks, and a few references to putting on the 3.7 gallon Acerbis "E" tank, but nothing recent regarding the 3.9 gallon one for the S/SM models.

Anybody out there got one? Like it?
Any issues routing the fuel line from the 2nd petcock?
Fan stays or goes?
Is the black a good match to Suzuki's black?

Thanks!

Ive got one installed on my 2014 drz400s. It was a good fit with no problems. I use it with the unibiker radiator guards and a scott's sub mount steering stabilizer kit. The fan stays and the tank was made for the S model. Mine is black and it is a flat color and not shiny like the stock plastics. I waited for a few years for them to finally make this tank. I think  the tanks are great quality compared to whats out there in that price range...I used a single pingel fuel valve and my tank only has the option for a single valve on the carb side . I originally bought a raptor petcock but didnt want to open up a hole in the tank for that style petcock. The tank comes with an acerbis fuel petcock that fits great...They only thing I would have done differently was to get some better sealer for the petcock threads because I have a very minor fuel seepage leak at the treads of the petcock that I will have to eventually repair with  a different sealer than teflon tape....maybe gasiola or liquid teflon or something else...

• Like 3

Roadmaddrz, many thanks for the reply.  Just what I wanted to hear. (fans stays, good with unibiker guards)

Cheers!

• Like 1

I've got a Clarke 3.9 gallon tank on a 2014 drz sm. I love the tank the only down side to these tanks is the installation instructions are a little iffy. Like how to mount the new fuel lines and what stock bolts you need to use off the old tank. That and the bolts that are on the tank will start to rust and the nuts on the tank will. So if you live anywhere near a beach I wouldn't get the Clarke. Also replace the cap that come with it. It's junk. But for the price of the Clarke you can't beat it. As for the color of the Clarke I would get the clear. You can see your gas levels. IMG_4310.JPG

I second the Clark, but in black. Raptor petcock, fan stays, and works with the uni biker guards. 200 mile range without hitting a very small reserve. Just needed to bend one of the clutch cable tie downs forward a bit. I also went with the shorty vent for the cap.

IMGP0053.JPG

Edited by rustynut2
  • Like 1

+3

I like my Clarke. Plays nice with the stock petcock. Though sometimes you need to drop it to the left side to get the last few drops over to the left if you run out of gas on reserve.

1 hour ago, rustynut2 said:

200 mile range without hitting a very small reserve.

Wow, I get half that. Damn mods.