Sign in to follow this  

TC250 or RMZ250?

I've owned my '15 TC250 for awhile now and have mixed feelings. Its bone stock except the suspension is revalved (RaceTech GV's). I loved the bike but recently I bought myself a 2002 RM250, and the TC250 feels so foreign to me now. My Husky feels rough in the suspension department, the motor is a little much, and I feel like I can't ride it confidently without the fear of it slamming me in the ground (mainly because I was slammed into the ground leading my race and trapped under my bike, and again today going in to a simple corner). My 2002 RM250 (completely stock) handles SO MUCH better than my Husky and frankly, I have more fun on it too. 

Now I'm stuck. I'm thinking on selling it to buy a brand spanking new RMZ250.

My other option would be to get Ohlins inserts and a Traxx shock to see if that would solve my headache but that's a ton of dough to throw away if it doesn't feel better.

Im actually in the market for a 17 rmz right now also. But your gonna be losing some power dropping down to a 250f, especially a rmz. In my opinion, handling will always trump power, id rather have a bike that i can really push with knowing it will hit any line and corner like a dream. Get more hp is pretty straight forward while getting a bike to handle right can be a head scratcher (just in my experiences). Not trying to tell you how to spend your money but suzuki is giving some awesome deals on the 17s. Now the rmz has airforks but ive heard good thing about them and im not sure where you stand one those. Hope this helps!