Ventura & Santa Barbara County Moto Heads - Opportunity ?

Looking for someone or people that have access to a Dozer or Tractor.

My friend is acquiring 40 acres about 15 miles above Ojai, and he wants to build a moto playground.

The land has so much potential being up against a mountain with rolling hill and small canyons !!!

He would be willing to trade access to the property (after both parties agree upon a rule system).

Here are some photos that I took this past weekend. His property is also a 1/2 mile away from a nice little lake. 

PM me if interested. 

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Ohh and YES there are multiple wells on the property !!!!!

The plan would to to start a club and have a daily membership fee each time you show up to ride or something like that.

We want to build some sweet technical trail system a kids track and a national style MX track, also will be an area for the trials enthusiasts !

Edited by Hallzilla
update
  • Like 2

Hope this gets started pretty soon, I am from Carpinteria.

Sry, no heavy machinery to move dirt  available.

Shoot, that place looks like it has gobs of potential!  GP style track?

GP Track, YES !  Would like to link many area's together to create the ultimate GP track.

Forgot to Mention one other thing .....

GUN Range for members ? .... Highly Possible !!!!  My friend is a Vet ! I'm personally not sure about the legality of all that.

There is also a 100 Acre gun club next door.  

Edited by Hallzilla

On 7/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, Hallzilla said:

Looking for someone or people that have access to a Dozer or Tractor.

My friend is acquiring 40 acres about 15 miles above Ojai, and he wants to build a moto playground.

The land has so much potential being up against a mountain with rolling hill and small canyons !!!

He would be willing to trade access to the property (after both parties agree upon a rule system).

Here are some photos that I took this past weekend. His property is also a 1/2 mile away from a nice little lake. 

PM me if interested. 

IMG_0572.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Ohh and YES there are multiple wells on the property !!!!!

The plan would to to start a club and have a daily membership fee each time you show up to ride or something like that.

We want to build some sweet technical trail system a kids track and a national style MX track, also will be an area for the trials enthusiasts !

I'm in 

52047680183__9E24A314-5A38-4656-8B50-567D611EE89D.JPG

Pm me we got tractors I'll see if we can make something happen

Edited by rbernardi

2 hours ago, Hallzilla said:

Bump, There's gotta be someone out there with a tractor.

Did someone say TRACTOR ?

checking_mail.jpg.a932320cf618c5d7ad255285aec20048.jpg

Just now, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Did someone say TRACTOR ?

checking_mail.jpg.a932320cf618c5d7ad255285aec20048.jpg

You mean your 4th of July float?

11 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

#garagequeen

I still drag the road with my van so I don't get the tractor dirty.  :smirk:

Instead of a predator van it's a "property van"

Edited by rbernardi

Beautiful area to have some land and would be awesome to be able to ride on your own property like that . . .

BUT . . . it's still CA and just down the road a bit from artsy fartsy hippy dippy Ojai where the kale munchers have little other to do than bitch and complain if they see someone having a good time, especially on a fire breathing carbon murdering machine.  I would check local ordinances to see what kind of restrictions they have for operating OHV, some areas have acreage requirements (IE 10 acre per rider), time restrictions (12-5pm), distance requirements from property lines/homes/etc, while others have flat out bans.  Being next to a gun range is a good sign, as long as it's not already on the complain syndicate's radar . . . and as long as you don't kick up dust that blows their direction. 

Probably a good idea to keep any details off a public forum, especially details/pics that could lead the complainers to your doorstep.  With all the fence line in your pics, I think you are likely to throw them off your scent as they'll probably think you are partnering with Friends of Jawbone or something. ;) Good luck . . . I do hope it works out for you.  Since moving to the woods last year, I've been thinking my next move will hopefully be even more remote . . . 100-200 acres would be nice, where I'd have enough room to do something like you are describing.

Edited by schmo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, schmo said:

Beautiful area to have some land and would be awesome to be able to ride on your own property like that . . .

BUT . . . it's still CA and just down the road a bit from artsy fartsy hippy dippy Ojai where the kale munchers have little other to do than bitch and complain if they see someone having a good time, especially on a fire breathing carbon murdering machine.  I would check local ordinances to see what kind of restrictions they have for operating OHV, some areas have acreage requirements (IE 10 acre per rider), time restrictions (12-5pm), distance requirements from property lines/homes/etc, while others have flat out bans.  Being next to a gun range is a good sign, as long as it's not already on the complain syndicate's radar . . . and as long as you don't kick up dust that blows their direction. 

Probably a good idea to keep any details off a public forum, especially details/pics that could lead the complainers to your doorstep.  With all the fence line in your pics, I think you are likely to throw them off your scent as they'll probably think you are partnering with Friends of Jawbone or something. Good luck . . . I do hope it works out for you.  Since moving to the woods last year, I've been thinking my next move will hopefully be even more remote . . . 100-200 acres would be nice, where I'd have enough room to do something like you are describing.

You not kidding, the hippies up here yelp when you look at them. Plus there are always people out exploring on foot off the highway up there (if it's where I think it is). Hopefully something does happen though. 

Just found the property. It's a high traffic area for hippies.

Edited by rbernardi

Technically, I have to buy 20 more acres to "legally" ride my bike on my own property...  pfft

San Bernardino County

This property is off the beaten path.  Only 2 Neighbors, and they are not an issue.   It's far enough from Ojai (20 miles) shouldn't be a problem.  Up the 33 a ways.

Come on, theres gotta be someone who has a tractor on this sight.  We are saving up funds just in case we cannot find a moto friend with one.

8 hours ago, schmo said:

Probably a good idea to keep any details off a public forum, especially details/pics that could lead the complainers to your doorstep.  With all the fence line in your pics, I think you are likely to throw them off your scent as they'll probably think you are partnering with Friends of Jawbone or something. ;) Good luck . . . I do hope it works out for you.  Since moving to the woods last year, I've been thinking my next move will hopefully be even more remote . . . 100-200 acres would be nice, where I'd have enough room to do something like you are describing.

Thanks for the info.  Neighbors are a non issue.