ChristianMX

Is This A Polaris XCR 800?

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I recently had someone offer me a 1999 Polaris XCR 800 triple in exchange for my dirt bike. The seller says it has a title and only has about 2000 miles on it! I've always wanted an XCR 800 triple. What confuses me is why does it a "600 XCR" on the side of the snowmobile? Another thing that confuses me is that I cannot find a single white 1999 Polaris XCR 800 triple anywhere on Google. The only color I see is from that year is red. The seller swears it's a 1999 Polaris XCR 800 triple. The seller claims that they cannot find the VIN. I honestly assume the seller may either be misinformed or is down right lying. I don't know much about snowmobiles so I need you guys to help me out on here! 

Update: The seller claims "We put a different hood on it bc my dads buddy who we got it from he cracked the other one al little." The seller also claims to have the original hood. What do you think

19720169_1390331287709772_1057962951_o.jpg

19718772_1390293504380217_191501909_o.jpg

19749701_1390329224376645_1745338670_o.jpg

19720357_1390330061043228_815695190_o.jpg

19747773_1390328544376713_445788281_o.jpg

Edited by ChristianMX

22 minutes ago, Refresh said:

It has 3 spark plugs...

Your point? They have 600 triples too. 

The pink engine cover makes me think its a 600...but im not certain

15 minutes ago, Refresh said:

The pink engine cover makes me think its a 600...but im not certain

I honestly think it's a 600 as well. I'm going to try and get the seller to take a picture of the VIN on the engine if it even has one

Look on the cylinder for its part number and reference against a fiche.  600 and 800 cyls are different parts.

It's a XCR600. My 2003 Kawaski KX250 2 stroke is worth way more than a work out 600. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By XRFeller
      I have an old dt50mx i bought from a guy a while back and got around to fixing it up. it was in very poor shape so i stripped its electronics to use as a pit bike (no gauges,lights, signals, anything but ignition necessary) Im not the best at electrical but i get the gist of it. after cutting everything out it had spark. i took the bike apart and painted the frame and powerwashed everything. I put the engine back on and now i have no spark but i am getting power from the stater. The frame is hot (Instead of the ground) for some reason. when i hook a multimeter to the ground wire and the frame i get some volts. Also when i hold the ground wire with my hand and kick-start with my other hand i get a shock (meanwhile the spark plug is not in so nothing should be completing the circuit). im aware that there were some other kill switches on this bike at one point (kickstand kill switch, key ignition, ETC.) but the bike didn't come with any of them. is it possible that one of these kill switches works by shorting out the bike thus killing the spark? All the wires on the bike lead to the stator so thats the only place that could be a short i imagine. will be happy to answer any questions. thanks in advance.
    • By 2 stroke joe
      Hi, Im new to this site but it seems awesome so far!       (if you dont want to hear about backstory on bike and story about me on it skip all the way to the end.     if not enjoy!)
      anyway to the topic i have a 1995 suzuki ds 80 its a great bike and its my first clutch and 2 stroke bike (im 15) and it's great. But the problem
      is that when i bought it it ran by it self so i clean the carb. And it was missing a clutch and clutch cable so i put that in it ran by it self.
      and one day i took it to my dads friend he works on atv's and dirt bike's and he said he will look into it and a few months later 
      he told us to come pick it up. I was excited to go get it hoping it was fixed come to find out he couldn't do anything because the kickstart is broken.
      also forgot to mention my kickstart is wasted on the bike so i always bump start it. So i felt bummed about it but then when we were about to leave he
      took the spark out and when we looked at it was bad the spark was destroyed so he told us to get a new one and im sure it will run.
      The next coming days my dad decided it was time to go get a new spark plug and when we got a new one we put it in and put a bit of carb cleaner in the carb
      and told me to try it. so i did and after one or two tries it ran! a few days later (is when im writing this) i decided to go riding and met 2 guys (25 and 30) named elliot and ryan.
      they were really cool we went riding then back to there house and we talked for a bit but here's were the problem is when we went riding everything was going great then we came to a spot with lots of twist and turns and it was muddy. it was fun and all intill my bike didn't have much room to go (too much corners) and it kept dying because the bike wont stay on!!
      to get to the point the problem is my bike wont stay on by it self. The only
       way to keep it on when i stop is to rev it by holding clutch please help. (haven't messed with the idle screw at all)
    • By Rmrider144
      My rm125 leaks gas when sitting there on the stand with gas off. I've tried cleaning carb to make sure no dirt or anything! Please help! Also my kickstarter is tight when pulling out?
    • By Marshmello
      After thirty years of riding, this bike is my all time favorite. 
      Professionally built 167cc race motor.  Compression ratio requires 100 Octane fuel.
      Suspension set up for 180lb beginner/intermediate vet rider.  However, my 140lb fast intermediate nephew is at home with the suspension.
      This bike is maintained like a race bike and needs nothing.  Extra pipes, silencer and sprockets included.  
    • By NEGbrap
      Hi All,
      Purchased a 38mm Lectron last October for my YZ250X. I put 20 hours on the carb, and it has been fantastic. I've been presented with a great opportunity for a new bike. So I will no longer need the carb
      Comes with the following
      38mm Short body Lectron Carb - Modified to fit the YZ250X - works on KTM, Husk, Gas Gas, Beta 2 strokes as well. Basically any 2 stroke that fits a Keihen PWK 38 Carb.
      Metering rod adjusting tool
      Motion pro throttle cable
      2 Metering rods - 3-2 and 4-2m (need to confirm in box)