CDI bad? enginee wont rev up?

Ive never had this bike running, rebuilt the engine & now it starts but just wont rev one little bit....

I know how to build motors, the seals & reeds are new / good, the carb is also good.

next to check is the  CDI unit, has anyone has a bad CDI that wont allow high revs?

Ive changed the plug/ coil....

Check reeds or something in carb if you've just had apart . I'd say stator before cdi but never know 

Edited by Motox367

Ok thanks, Ive swopped reeds, carb, stator, only trouble is they are unknown items.....

Id buy a new stator if it was a sure thing, but this bike has cost me loads of money & time already....

Its the stator, I had fitted one off an aircooled  cr500, it gave a nice fat blue spark, but would not rev. A later after market one with a lighting coil gave a very weak spark at kick over speeds but it works just fine...strange!  or was the early stator not suited to a later CDI box?

Ive fitted a new stator which now gives a nice fat blue spark, but.............its gone back to not wanting to rev...

So, it looks like its the CDI after all, this thing  has been a real swine........

Edited by pxr5
edit