How is the 17 250FX or 18 if someone has one?

The 15+ WR skid plate that comes on the FX now works fine.  I riveted a small piece of black plastic to the top front of mine to make a total block of dirt getting into the engine area.  Great thing about the wrap around exhaust on these bikes means the engine area can stay clean even when it gets real muddy.   Also, I'd try your new FX without the Scotts dampener.  My Scotts underbar setup I used on my KTM for 6 years stays on the shelf as I don't need or want it on the FX.  Great to not need the additional weight penalty or lose the quick response provided by such a nimble bike!

• Like 1

The 15+ WR skid plate that comes on the FX now works fine.  I riveted a small piece of black plastic to the top front of mine to make a total block of dirt getting into the engine area.  Great thing about the wrap around exhaust on these bikes means the engine area can stay clean even when it gets real muddy.   Also, I'd try your new FX without the Scotts dampener.  My Scotts underbar setup I used on my KTM for 6 years stays on the shelf as I don't need or want it on the FX.  Great to not need the additional weight penalty or lose the quick response provided by such a nimble bike!

I was happy on the 450 w/Out the damper but i hit a g-out once and it almost ripped the bars out of my hands, so i put it on. I run it with the setting almost off as it's still good for high speed inpacts. That's what I like about the scotts. I don't run one on my beta and like it with out one. I'll see how it does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

5 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

I have been looking for a FX250 here for over a year, impossible to find used. Only one I heard of sold immediately. Will probably buy new this week if I can find one.

where you at in TX? I couldn't find a new WR of FX used either (DFW metro)

I also bought new. (WR250F) 

15 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

The button does sound nice.

While riding I have thought about how bad it would suck many times when I stall out on a nasty climb or off camber trail. No possible way to restart the bike w/o sliding back down. This is my first dirt bike with electric start. Don't think I will ever go back. 

Ask a Yamaha dealer if you can add electric start to a YZ.
that $5000 price is about $3500 - 4000 less than you will pay for new after the dealers charge for the extras.
If you could add electric start and a fan for $500 or less it would probably be a real decent deal.  Maybe that would be your leverage when buying it. Say you will take it for $300 off to cover some of the cost. Seller may say no but ???? Yamaha may say no too but I bet it is a bolt on. You may have to change the flywheel or something I don't know. 

Edited by DeanGuilberry