Dust and mud inside blinker?

Is it normal that a lot off of dust and mud goes into the blinker, just from normal trail riding. The bike didn't go down...

Is it all the blinkers or just one?

Ive probably replaced 2 or 3 oem blinkers in the last few years, either from kicking them or burning them off . I think ktms oem blinker is probably the best of production line dual sports. seems to hold up to better than average torture, and fairly cheap to replace.

Dirt in the rear blinkers has been normal for my 501, worse in muddy conditions.  Fronts have remained spotless inside though.  I've been considering trying a small o-ring or sealant, as I think it's just pushing past where the lens meets the housing; not much of a seal there at all.  

i wash mine occasionally after dusty or muddy ride . they hare not sealed and it look like crappy blinker . my 2012 had same blinker that my 2017 

Mine did exactly the same thing after a few puddles.  First real ride out on the bike.  Both rears pretty well coated with mud on the inside.  Getting ready to install the Sicass under fender/rear tail light and flush turn signals.

IMG_6343.JPG

Edited by markbfe501