Sign in to follow this  

Mikuni BSR 36?

Can anyone explain this :( I bought a used carburettor for parts... 

I had a problem in VALVE, PISTON 13501-29FA0 one out of four was cracked and did not hold well.

I bought the whole carburetor for $ 60. Brand new VALVE, PISTON 13501-29FA0 is $ 50 :(.

On the upper part of the carburetor "VALVE, PISTON" 13501-29FA0 there is no holder (SUZUKI 13418-33E00) (PICTURE 1.) and spring connecting to the NEEDLE JET only the metal part (PICTURE 2.) and the big spring connected to NEEDLE, JET . 

I installed it in my carburettor and everything works well with no holders and litle springs.

Is this normal?

PICTURE 1..jpg

PICTURE 2..jpg

Edited by Patak

That big plastic thing isn't stock. There should be a large washer, then a plastic spacer, then the e clip, than a small washer. With the e clip being clipped on the needle. That also looks like the jd jet kit, high temp/high alt needle.

I had a problem in VALVE, PISTON 13501-29FA0 one out of four was cracked and did not hold well.

I bought the whole carburetor for $ 60. Brand new VALVE, PISTON 13501-29FA0 is $ 50 :(.

Not important for this potential problem. At the same time I installed the JD Jet Kit.

After installation, the engine/carburator is working well...

Edited by Patak

VALVE, PISTON 13501-29FA0 this is craked :( (Look the picture) and I instaled a used VALVE, PISTON whit only metal pic...

1-IMG_20170704_170254.jpg

Just now, 74jimbo said:

Whit only metal pic?

What?

Because the used VALVE, PISTON 13501-29FA0 does not have four brackets inside  - see the picture only metal part..