Where does this go? (pic)

Putting together an XR 200 that was delivered in a few boxes w/ a bare frame and I can't seem to place this e-clip. I've looked @ parts fiche and didn't see it in there but at this point I'm see double of everything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

IMG_7414.JPGIMG_7322.JPG

That looks like a aftermarket clip for a aftermarket countershaft sprocket....................stay with a OEM type sprocket and retainer plate that uses two 6mm bolts.:thumbsup:  That types lets the sprocket float around and will damage the engine case..............

Old School Al

Edited by Old School Al
  • Like 1

OSA, thank you for the reply. I kind of figured that's what it might be since that's the only thing it really fits. I put it on there but wasn't impressed and so I found an OE sprocket retainer and put it on instead. Thank you for the confirmation, I thought it might have been something inside I forgot after rebuilding the engine.

4 hours ago, bimbamboom said:

Curses on the aftermarket sprocket manufacturers who will sell you that style countershaft for our XR's. Is there a patent problem with the Honda style retainer?

That style has been around longer than XR's have ............as I recall back in the 60's. ;)

Old School Al

Edited by Old School Al