'18 150 XC-W

Hey gang, 

I picked up my fresh out of crate '18 150 XC-W last Saturday.  Super pumped, in the few hours on it it feels very nice.

BUT--as with all bikes I believe it needs some jetting work.  And since KTM changed the jetting in this bike from '17 to '18 I do not really have any good intel.

So anyone been toying around successfully with the jetting on this model?  I am running it stock, 0-3000 ft, hot, humid.

Going on a big ride this weekend and might like it sorted a little better before then.  It seems decent out of the crate, but I think it is rich and could maybe clean better.

IMG_1842-2.JPG

IMG_4183-2.JPG

• Like 3

my advice would be to look up symptoms of lean and rich conditions at which point in the throttle then figure it out on your own. This is what I have done with my bike and it gives you a lot better idea of how to jet a bike and also to understand when and where the bike is lean/rich. From my understanding rich is sputter and gurgly while lean will do things like bog if you crack the throttle, bike will run hot and have a high hanging idle. Could be some more symptoms for both though. But like I said go with that understanding then try and figure out at which point in the throttle you are getting what symptom. Good luck!

• Like 1

Do the the yellow spring first it is so easy to do. It helped smooth out the low to top transition. I had to go from a 40 pilot down to a 20 and the JD jetting kit. also leaned out  the main to a 450 and could go one more. Also my reeds did not close all the way.