2018 150 XC-W suggestions for jetting

Hi gang, 

This past Saturday I picked up my fresh outta crate '18 150 XC-W

I have some ?'s and this is the first smoker I am trying to jet better. (I have gotten pretty decent at the FCR-MX on my past 2 thumpers)

So my understanding is that KTM changed the jetting from the 17--> the 18 model.  So my points of reference are not really valid as most of what I have found so far is about the '17.

1--I am guessing that since the jetting specs changed that the JD kit for the '17 model is not valid for use on an '18?

2--Anybody have facts, experience, or suggestions about jetting on this very new bike.  ('18's just hit dealers late June)

3--I am feeling like the bike is rich, and likely has poor float level setting.

4--I will be having the bike running: Stock, 0-3000 ft, east coast hot and humid right now.

Thanks, 

IMG_1842-2.JPG

IMG_4183-2.JPG

• Like 1

Ktm changes jetting specs every year sometimes for the better or worse.  The JD kit for the 17 should work just fine for your 18. Before trying to fine tune the jetting break it in first. Having it a little isn't going to hurt anything.  On the 17s the float level were set erratic,  some too high others fine.  Hopefully you have some good 92 octane ethanol free gas available.  And congratulations on the new bike.

Edited by GreenMT_Rider
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Ktm changes jetting specs every year sometimes for the better or worse.  The JD kit for the 17 should work just fine for your 18. Before trying to fine tune the jetting break it in first. Having it a little isn't going to hurt anything.  On the 17s the float level were set erratic,  some too high others fine.  Hopefully you have some good 92 octane ethanol free gas available. 

My suspicion on the float is based around different idling characteristics based on lean angle, but whatever...not a big deal to re-set.

Ethanol free is a long trip for me here in MD...but I do have faith and experience with a local Shell station.  I fill my car wherever, but only fill motos at one particular station.  Never got any bad fuel...always buy 93 octane.

(it is not running badly at all...but I am trying to lay the groundwork for a future jetting)

Thanks!

Edited by kevvyd