California Green Sticker Bike List

Hey TT,

I've been working on a LIST of Green Sticker bikes for *California, I KNOW I haven't listed all the bike's, but I was trying to list MID to FULL size bikes, IF you wanted to buy an older Green Sticker bike to ride ALL YEAR AROUND today I believe this list would help! Feel free to add or change...Happy 4th!

**4 STROKE GREEN STICKER *TRAIL* BIKES with & without electric start, no oem dual sports listed...

2000-03 Honda XR650R

Up to 99 Honda XR600R

05-17 Honda CRF450X

Up to 03 Honda XR400R

04-17 HONDA CRF250X

Up to 07 Honda XR250R

Up to 2017 HONDA CRF230F

Up to 03 Honda XR200R

Up to 17 Honda CRF150F

Up to 17 Honda CRF125F

Up to 14 Honda CRF100F

Up to 03 Honda XR100R

96-07 KAWASAKI KLX300R

Up to 2017 Kawasaki KLX140

Up to 08 Kawasaki KLX250

Up to 08 Kawasaki KLX125

2011-17 KTM 350XCF-W

07-17 KTM 250XCF-W

01-07 SUZUKI DR-Z250

Up to 2017 Suzuki DR-Z125

97-17 Yamaha WR250F

Up to 17 YAMAHA TT-R230

Up to 04 Yamaha TTR225

Up to 08 Yamaha TTR125

**4 STROKE OLDER GREEN STICKER *MOTOCROSS BIKE*

2002 YAMAHA YZ250F

2000-02 Yamaha YZ426F

1998-00 Yamaha YZ400F

**2 STROKE OLDER GREEN STICKER *MOTOCROSS*

Up to 2001 Honda CR500R

Up to 02 HONDA CR125R & CR250R

Up to 02 Kawasaki KX500

Up to 02 KAWASAKI KX100

Up to 02 KTM 125SX & 250SX

Up to 02 SUZUKI RM100

Up to 02 Suzuki RM125

Up to 02 YAMAHA YZ125 & YZ250

1990 Yamaha WR500R

Up to 1989 Yamaha YZ490

* RED STICKER BIKES Check Here: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

Edited by Mike Moto
correction made
  • Like 1

Your list would be a lot simpler if you deleted all bikes 2002 or just deleted the year designation on the list.  All these bikes are green stickered.

Edited by cobra46

This reminds me of the approved firearms list.  California government is so pathetic.  Such a nanny state.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mike Moto said:

* ALL RED STICKER BIKES AND CAN ONLY BE RIDDEN IN THE WINTER TIME * Starting OCTOBER 31st TO MAY 31st Ending (7 months) CALIFORNIA STATE LAW *

There are areas in CA where you CAN ride red stickered bikes year round:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

Ride on

Brewster

CORVA

Edited by brewster

Does anyone ever pay attention to green sticker law? I literally don't know one person that does.

Can plate the green sticker in CA so some might care.

Of course, Yamaha is getting outta the green sticker business in 2018. Haven't heard if the 450X is still green for '18, but I haven't looked either ;)

It's almost 2019. I guess petitions don't do much. Are we any closer to having the red-sticker bullshit riding limitation abolished? I'll get a new bike either way but a red-sticker still pisses me off.

20 minutes ago, Distrophe said:

It's almost 2019. I guess petitions don't do much. Are we any closer to having the red-sticker bullshit riding limitation abolished? I'll get a new bike either way but a red-sticker still pisses me off.

Yup in 2024 and any bike that doesnt fit carb standards will be banned from public use and anything built prior to that will be grandfathered in for year round riding. 

4 minutes ago, tmeyer37 said:

Yup in 2024 and any bike that doesnt fit carb standards will be banned from public use and anything built prior to that will be grandfathered in for year round riding. 

Cool, although I thought I read something about 2022. They're taking their sweet time. 90% of my riding is in the woods so maybe a red-sticker won't really effect me. I plan to go to a bunch of new areas next year though. I suppose fuel injection is helping in ways.

Just now, Jeff aka Bolt said:

Oh hell... by then I'll be dead.  LOL :facepalm:

Aww shucks. Well, please put me on your will after your kin, lol.

• Like 1

It’s all a game by the state. My 08 ktm250xcf is green sticker, while my 06yz250f is red?🤯

50 minutes ago, Ktm200excrider said:

It’s all a game by the state. My 08 ktm250xcf is green sticker, while my 06yz250f is red?🤯

Because your YZ is a track bike that Yamaha focused on power and didn't bother to get it certified as Green.  KTM met the spec for a trail bike and took the time and spent the money to get it green stickered for you.

Rules were the same for both companies. You are comparing apples and oranges.

KTM's 250sxf gets the same treatment as the yz250f.

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt

Because your YZ is a track bike that Yamaha focused on power and didn't bother to get it certified as Green.  KTM met the spec for a trail bike and took the time and spent the money to get it green stickered for you.
Rules were the same for both companies. You are comparing apples and oranges.
KTM's 250sxf gets the same treatment as the yz250f.

Still doesn’t make sense. The 07ktm250xcf I had the year before was red! I was told by dmv, that if the vin number starts with the letter a or a number 2or less it’s a green sticker. Anything beyond that is red. After 2002 makes and models

2 minutes ago, Ktm200excrider said:

Still doesn’t make sense. The 07ktm250xcf I had the year before was red! I was told by dmv, that if the vin number starts with the letter a or a number 2or less it’s a green sticker. Anything beyond that is red. After 2002 makes and models

It’s California.  It doesn’t have to make sense.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ktm200excrider said:

It makes perfect sense...  especially since DMV employees are notoriously wrong...  and you appear unclear on the subject too.  A Red sticker bike has a C or a 3 in the eighth digit. 

Bottomline this has been settled in this state for 15 years...  no point in going back and hashing it out at this late date...  you bought a track bike manufactured well after the red sticker program was running.  That's on you.  As the red sticker green sticker program dies you just might get a year round sticker in a few years...  assuming you still wanna ride what will be a 20 year old bike by then.  Your call...  as was the choice to buy a red sticker bike in the first place. :doh:

It makes perfect sense...  especially since DMV employees are notoriously wrong...  and you appear unclear on the subject too.  A Red sticker bike has a C or a 3 in the eighth digit. 
Bottomline this has been settled in this state for 15 years...  no point in going back and hashing it out at this late date...  you bought a track bike manufactured well after the red sticker program was running.  That's on you.  As the red sticker green sticker program dies you just might get a year round sticker in a few years...  assuming you still wanna ride what will be a 20 year old bike by then.  Your call...  as was the choice to buy a red sticker bike in the first place. :doh:

What ever mr know it all who definitely don’t! I’ve been there with dmv a couple times over this and I understand English. Trust me it’s a of. I’ve just come to the realization that if I want to ride one of the red sticker bikes in a time when I can’t around town just gives me better reason to go adventure further out. I ain’t scared !