150sx neutral now at the bottom of the range ???

Hello all as the title says  neutral is now where first gear should be.... after rebuilding the top end I was riding and the shift shaft spring broke. I replaced the spring and now instead of first it's  neutral it feels like I still have all my gears there just not sure what I did wrong and how to fix it. Any insight is appreciated. 2015 ktm 150sx. 

I'm not familiar with the exact 150 bottom end, my son has two of them but I haven't been into them yet.

By looking at the parts diagram I would think it has to be a problem with the alignment of the shift actuator. I would check where the actuator engages the drum. I would think that you have first gear all the way at the top, not the first one up unless something else broke when the spring broke. I don't think the shift drum would allow you to go to first gear with an up shift, the first gear indent on the shift star or drum would be in the opposite direction of 2nd gear. Unless there is something different with a KTM that I don't know about.

I would pull the right case cover and pull the clutch, get the manual and look through it piece by piece to make sure everything is in place and not broken.