[S] Putting a CRF rear master on a DRZ400

Hey guys! In an attempt to fix my rear brake I'm going to be almost rebuilding the entire system which means getting a new master cylinder. I have heard you can put a CRF master cylinder on. I like the idea of that since they are a lot cheaper to buy and no reservoir means less hoses that can leak lol.

Is there a specific model CRF that I need to pull the master cylinder off? What fits on the DRZ? Are there any common issues with installing the CRF MC? I will also be buying a steel line, can I jsut buy ones fit for the DRZ, or is there a certain type I need?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Rebeljah

1 hour ago, Rebeljah said:

I have heard you can put a CRF master cylinder on.

I like the idea of that since they are a lot cheaper to buy and no reservoir means less hoses that can leak lol.

Is there a specific model CRF that I need to pull the master cylinder off? What fits on the DRZ? Are there any common issues with installing the CRF MC?

I will also be buying a steel line, can I jsut buy ones fit for the DRZ, or is there a certain type I need?

Thanks for any help!

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

The CRF 450/250 MC bolts right on using the stock brake line and the stock brake light switch.

20161016_184714.jpg

1 hour ago, Bermudacat said:

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

The CRF 450/250 MC bolts right on using the stock brake line and the stock brake light switch.

Thanks!