Looking at a WRR

So I've been riding a drz 400e dirt model with a Baja designs dual sport kit for the last 16 years and I'm thinking of changing to a WR250R. I'm looking at a 2013 model. It has a athena 290 big bore kit, aftermarket exhaust and a FMF fuel tuner and some other add ons, skid plate, bark busters, etc. 13/50 gearing. There's about 2000 miles on the bike and maybe 400 or so on the athena kit. the bike was well maintained but ridden primarily off road trail riding. 

I know the DRZ like the back of my hand and it's been stone cold 100% reliable bike. It never left me stranded. The Yamaha belongs to a guy I rode with over the past year (he's moving to a KTM). Are there any things I should be warned about or check on the bike before buying? I trail rode the bike 10-15 miles this past weekend and was pretty impressed by the amount of power for trail riding.

Make sure he had the stator replaced through the Yamaha recall. The chain slider needs to be watched under the swingarm for wear.

That's about it. I've got about 7500 trouble free miles on mine.

He has the right gearing on it for fun riding.

I now have 20k on my 08 WR and enjoy it every time I get on it!

I just bought a 2011 wr250r, and had been looking for a drz400s, but there were just no used ones for sale near me. I am a little dissapointed at the top end power of the wr, but I am a big old guy. In all fairness I have not ridden a drz400 yet. Given that this one has the big bore kit, can you swing buying it and keep the drz until yuu have seat of the pants experience with both? Seems like you could flip either afterwards.

Edited by 3rdMoto
spelling