Barcia at the Bud...

I am not a hater, but I rolled laughing went he slid out tring to keep jumping lines to block Eli at every corner.  He was just in over his head.  Tomac's pace was 3 seconds a lap faster so holding him back as long as he did was pretty amazing.  Rather see this than getting taken out in the air by someone beside you doing a big whip like happen to Seely.

• Like 3

I think he has the speed...but not for 30 minutes...and when he goes into defence mode, it's over....just think he has greatly improved lately....started to notice this last year at the Iron man national.....he was the only rider that was on Rokzen's heels both motos....

4 hours ago, daled said:

Best I've seen him ride in quite a while...i know the haters will have a lot to say...but I think he's getting stronger...

no, Barcia is done. He is a field filler now. 

• Like 1

I have not seen the Barcia flash in quite some time .  I dont see what I used to see in him. Why I dont know but it has been consistent. Some say he cant ride a 450 the way he rode the 250. While that may be tru to some extent I cant help but think theres more to it than that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lowmass said:

I have not seen the Barcia flash in quite some time .  I dont see what I used to see in him. Why I dont know but it has been consistent. Some say he cant ride a 450 the way he rode the 250. While that may be tru to some extent I cant help but think theres more to it than that.

The highlight of his 450 career was 2011 when he raced that last few rounds of the Nationals giving the Ryan boys a run for their money 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, meyermetal said:

The highlight of his 450 career was 2011 when he raced that last few rounds of the Nationals giving the Ryan boys a run for their money 

yep sense then it seems he has lost a bit of fire

3 hours ago, lowmass said:

Dont know if theres a problem or what it is with that team but I still am surprised the JGR team hasnt been more successful, after this many seasons I would have bet they would have had a championship or at least been close and in the hunt for a championship. Team wise there were times it seemed they had the pieces to win or be very competitive but they just havent been able to put in the results for a top tier team.

I get the impression looking at him that he may not be putting in the same amount of work as the top guys.  He looks like a good time guy.  Where you look at Villopoto, he looked like he trained like a robot and allowed himself zero fun on the side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

I get the impression looking at him that he may not be putting in the same amount of work as the top guys.  He looks like a good time guy.  Where you look at Villopoto, he looked like he trained like a robot and allowed himself zero fun on the side.

does look that way

12 hours ago, TDW said:

Dont know if theres a problem or what it is with that team but I still am surprised the JGR team hasnt been more successful, after this many seasons I would have bet they would have had a championship or at least been close and in the hunt for a championship. Team wise there were times it seemed they had the pieces to win or be very competitive but they just havent been able to put in the results for a top tier team.

Some will say when JGR had any rider capable of a title run they had the wrong bike.  This year no one will say they have a title threat rider.  Either way it's too bad JGR hasn't done better because the sport could use more well funded, outside the industry support like they brought in.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Nighttrain99 said:

Either way it's too bad JGR hasn't done better because the sport could use more well funded, outside the industry support like they brought in.

Humm...not so sure, ive seen a lot of NASCAR influence lately, I don't know if this is stemming from JGR, but it's likely and JGR would probably support it anyway...

But I think the NASCAR influence is the last thing ProMoto needs...!

• Like 1