Bruce Triplett is a Goo Roo

JUST got my Bruce Triplett modified damper rods installed last Saturday. Rode hard all weekend and thru the 4th. This front end tracks perfectly right off the bat. I've had this bike for 2 years and it had never stuck like it does now. I've yet to push the front past it's limits and I am riding with so much more confidence in tight trails in the woods. I can't wait to to get someone to follow me thru the woods so I can show how hard this thing corners now. This makes the bike actually feel lighter. Go Figger. Bruce doesn't advertise so here's his website.

https://sites.google.com/site/brucessuspension/

• Like 2

People rave about his mod to the XR250R forks, he makes one fork the damper and one the rebound.  Pricey, but reportedly very special.

• Like 1

Clyde you are one bad dude if you rode hard this past weekend and the 4th, way too hot for me. And yes, Bruce T is brilliant. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi, I'm from another country and I was very curious about this Bruce damper. Can someone tell me how it's done for me to do in my crf 230, Thanks.

Look at the bottom of my original post. That is a link to his website. Contact Bruce and he will talk you through it.

10 minutes ago, Clyde said:

Olhe para a parte inferior da minha publicação original. Esse é um link para seu site. Entre em contato com Bruce e ele irá conversar com você.

I already talked to Bruce, it would be too expensive for him to send me.

Your best bet would then be Race Tech emulators. You install them yourself using their directions. They are tunable.

Yes the emulators I know, are quite used here in Brazil. But I was curious that they said that Bruce's buffer would be better than the emulators. I tried to find out with Bruce how it was done but he would not tell me.

59 minutes ago, coffe said:

Yes the emulators I know, are quite used here in Brazil. But I was curious that they said that Bruce's buffer would be better than the emulators. I tried to find out with Bruce how it was done but he would not tell me.

It would be hard to explain and more so hard to give away his years of experience of trial and error. I was lucky to spend a few hours with him as he did mine. I asked a lot of dumb questions and he was very patient in helping me  better understand suspensions. He does not want to work on modern bikes and refers to FTI racing for this. He has figured out how to better utilize the older stuff. I had two exact bikes at the time he did my suspension. It was for sure a better suspension in side by side comparisons. The rear, he usually recommends Hagon. I would not want to ride the butt kicking stock rear shock ever again

I know that new holes are made in the damper, but I do not know how they are distributed and measured.

That is in fact the secret sauce to this whole thing. Bruce knows how where and what size to tailor the suspension to your riding style, weight and type of motorcycle. Just go to fillin and drillin. You might get it right. BTW, Bruce rides a 230f as his personal bike.

I think I'm going to have to opt for the emulators, the shock rods are expensive here for me to be doing experiments

There is a review that claimed the emulators were not an improvement but I suspect that person probably did not make any adjustments to the gold valves. He just stuck them in claiming the instructions were hard to understand. Go to CRFs-Only website. Not only do they sell the emulators for your specific bike they are also a wealth of knowledge concerning any product they sell.

Edited by Clyde
Typo

A buddy installed the Emulators on an old DR250 and he was ecstatic, said it was a new bike. And his speed was noticeably improved.