Jump to content

2017 Redbud How was your weekend...

Recommended Posts

I grew up on hardpack tracks in CA, some too hard!  I never got much practice in the soft stuff, and to this day, hate really rutted tracks.  I've seen some of those crazy pics with the really deep, long ruts.  

Not a fan, but kind of fun to watch the pros navigate the ruts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jcm3 said:

I grew up on hardpack tracks in CA, some too hard!  I never got much practice in the soft stuff, and to this day, hate really rutted tracks.  I've seen some of those crazy pics with the really deep, long ruts.  

Not a fan, but kind of fun to watch the pros navigate the ruts.

I did not get a good look this year, but they can get 2' deep or more out there and seems to get worse every year.  Ruts can be ok, I like it somewhere's in between.  It seems the softer the track gets the more one lined it gets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Havingfun said:

lot of riders talked about it being really soft and more one lined..  I think it is to soft and gets worked to deep

The track has always been one lined. The big problem is the water channels to all the corners.  Almost ever corner is at the base of a hill or some sort of elavation.  I never understood why they lay down so much water there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

they are back in style.

Sure.  They're in style if you like sweaty, hot man-on-man action.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RMZ819 said:

The track has always been one lined. The big problem is the water channels to all the corners.  Almost ever corner is at the base of a hill or some sort of elavation.  I never understood why they lay down so much water there. 

it's never been quite like it is now with all the soil additives.  I raced there 30 yrs ago and ride there now, it use to be very hard and stoney.  Underneath it is gravel based soil and drains very well (hilly & soil type), a gravel pit to the north, and grapes to the south are sitting on a million $$ or (s) of aggregate.  Thats why redbud has nice gravel driveways.  I believe the soil modifiers have been a little to much, and more of the natural terrain should be brought back into the mix.  It is all about soil additives and how they prep the track.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
it's never been quite like it is now with all the soil additives.  I raced there 30 yrs ago and ride there now, it use to be very hard and stoney.  Underneath it is gravel based soil and drains very well (hilly & soil type), a gravel pit to the north, and grapes to the south are sitting on a million $$ or (s) of aggregate.  Thats why redbud has nice gravel driveways.  I believe the soil modifiers have been a little to much, and more of the natural terrain should be brought back into the mix.  It is all about soil additives and how they prep the track.

100% agree. Glen Helen dumped tons of sand on that track over years. It is completely different than what is was 10 years ago.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Havingfun said:

they are back in style.

The bad part is that guys didnt wear them back then! Some goofball found an old pair of his MOM'S glasses and started wearing them around and now they are the fashion. 

sallyjessyraphael.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThumpNRed said:

The bad part is that guys didnt wear them back then! Some goofball found an old pair of his MOM'S glasses and started wearing them around and now they are the fashion. 

 

Millennials don't view gender the same way you and I do 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, meyermetal said:

Millennials don't view gender the same way you and I do 

Are you calling me old?! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×