EMGO universal muffler/exhaust?

Thinking about picking up one of the EMGO universal mufflers for my 2001 XRL. Has anyone ever purchased one of these for their XRL? It's about 300 (Canadian) dollars cheaper than the FMF (my other option, currently), and sounds great according to the ONE youtube video I found (see link). More than anything I'm worried about the fit (into the header, out into the rear of the subframe) - if anyone has experience please let me know. Additionally, I am thinking about jetting (of course), but this is something I can work out post purchase...

`

It'll work , you just need the correct size inlet. The chrome won't last and it'll look like rusty crap though. They have these in stainless steel at Dime City Cycles.com. I tossed around the idea of one of these myself , kind of in homage to the old days.

Yeah there are some on amazon.ca (Canada) for pretty cheap too - with free shipping (harder to come by up north). My stock is getting pretty fugly and I never liked the sound, but I'm just trying to see if it's worth shelling out the extra couple hundred on a bike that's showing it's age in several other different places...

Thanks for your input!

It'll be LOUD! I love the sound of a big bore single with a reverse cone on it, but damn they are LOUD! I remember a guy had a tricked out TT500 with a reverse cone on it back in the early 80's. We'd be taking a break during a woods ride and could hear him coming for miles.  

Hey guys I'm new to this site and don't really know how to use it. I just got a xrl 650 1994.very good condition,what would I need to get for it to make it a proper running bike. I don't know too much about bikes 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smalltownripper said:

thanks for the input - it's looking like the fmf is the way to go then...

The last FMF I bought I got from the TT store here. They had the best price at the time on the Powercore-4.