So i'm pretty darn good with KTM bikes, only thing I've ever worked on, 

it's coming to the point where i'm going to be looking at the ol 150, now if you reed some reviews you'll know that the 11 150sx made over 40hp but the 12 made 38 because of the linkage added so they kinked the air box a bit. 

my question is if you had to choose, would you go with the 11 or 12 ? i really want linkage, i just like how it feels and works. but being over 200lbs i want all the power i can get out of that 150, i know pipes and heads can make that better but that's not what i'll be doing right away with it. 

What do you guys think? i'm pretty sure 11 12 and 13 150 engines are all the same aside from some jetting changes?

Give me your thoughts

Iv had a 12 150sx and it was awesome, so light and nimble and they did a good amount of improvements on the 12. I loved how easy it was to maintain. But I sold it because a 4 stroke suits me better for the main type of riding I do. But if I could afford two my second bike would be a 150sx for sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dirtshark808 said:

Iv had a 12 150sx and it was awesome, so light and nimble and they did a good amount of improvements on the 12. I loved how easy it was to maintain. But I sold it because a 4 stroke suits me better for the main type of riding I do. But if I could afford two my second bike would be a 150sx for sure.

Hey DS how are you bud? hows the new bike?!?!!

and yea exactly why i ride a 450 lol can't go without my thumper! though my father rides my 250sx, when i first got it i had a lot of fun on it, a little bit out of my style honestly. i like being on the pipe all the time and the 250 is a bit to much of holy sniekes for me, my dad likes to lug it, i rode my two friends 125 yz and 17 150 and really liked both. i honestly felt better on the yz125 but i think that's just the way he had the bars and stuff, id pick a ktm hands down.....duhhhhh:facepalm:

on the other hand, i'm torn between the two because i want linkage, but the 12 lost a bit of hp due to the shock getting in the way of the air boot, the 11 made over 40 hp. i don't care what people say i want it all! i wonder if some piping and different jetting/reeds would help that :/ idk :'( 

Honestly you won't notice the power difference and with a pipe you can get power but I prefer the 12 due to all the changes and suspension update.

And I'm loving the new bike. The bike does not stall when put in gear anymore and the traction control and mapping switch is awesome. I tell a huge difference on hard pack slippery surface with it on. Also the bike starts awesome in gear probably because of the upgraded battery I put in to have more cranking power. The only issue is when the bike is on its so hard to put into neutral.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dirtshark808 said:

Honestly you won't notice the power difference and with a pipe you can get power but I prefer the 12 due to all the changes and suspension update.

And I'm loving the new bike. The bike does not stall when put in gear anymore and the traction control and mapping switch is awesome. I tell a huge difference on hard pack slippery surface with it on. Also the bike starts awesome in gear probably because of the upgraded battery I put in to have more cranking power. The only issue is when the bike is on its so hard to put into neutral.

i find that i have to stop or turn the bike off to get into neutral, if i'm rolling even the slightest amount it will refuse to get into neutral on the 450sxf..... :( 

Ya I read it's a common problem a little trick for mine is if I rev it a little I can get it into neutral but this issue does not bother me.

9 hours ago, TomTopDog12 said:

Good idea, but doesn't that change the powerband to a weird low end bike vs a screamer? 

No, it's still the same engine, just more power. You'd still have a 125/150 expansion chamber on it, not the 200XCW pipe.

• Like 1