Xr250r hydraulic clutch

After feeling my friends Husqvarna hydraulic clutch and then breaking my clutch perch in a stack I am thinking of installing.one on my xr250. I have several questions.

1. Does anyone have experience doing this?

2. How long is the stock clutch cable?

3. Is this hydraulic clutch anygood and would it be suitable for my 1990 xr250r? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122559944108

1. I do not have experience with this!

2.cant you measure your old clutch cable??????

3. that unit looks ok and reads good but you never know till you see it in the flesh so to say (good price too) it says bolt strait on. Not a lot involved should be easy enough!

if you go with it let us know how you got on cheers

I see no provision for being able to mount the slave cylinder. No stud or bracket built into the slave for mounting it to the engine. Unless you're supposed to mount a hose clamp around it and bolt that to the engine somehow. I would ask the seller what kind, if any, universal mounting parts kit comes with it.

I installed a Hebo hydro clutch on my 400 years ago. It has a stud on the slave but I had to fashion my own custom mounting bracket.

Edited by Trailryder42

A new cable, and ball bearing pivot clutch lever will do wonders for clutch pull. The Magura universal unit is nice, but a well lubricated cable will be nearly as easy a pull. The MSR AOF line is a very light pull and can be had for $29 bucks. add a new cable, and for roughly $50 total you will have a very nice easy pull. I have one on my WR450, made a significant reduction in clutch pull effort. Oldest daughter has one on her CRF250x, and wife has one on her 250X. 

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/967/11631/MSR-AOF-Clutch-Perch-%26-Lever

i run a magura on my xr400, and the cheap ebay one you linked to on my sons Suzuki JR80.

So far as i can tell there is no way to bleed the cheap one, and i carry a spare complete unit which at that price is OK. one failed when the banjo came lose and the fluid leaked out but i simply swapped it for the spare. I am tempted to try the cheap one on my xr250 i am rebuilding but i'd need to fabricate little bracket to hold the slave. you also need to be able to fit it without dismantling it.

The magura kit is well made and works well, with the riding i do pulling the clutch hundreds of times an hour i wouldn't be with out it. I keep the cable setup in the tool box and i can revert to it in 15 mins. You don't need an XR specific one, just be prepared to make a bracket. As long as it has 10mm of pull. On the xr400 i was able to use the standard cable bracket with a bit of fettling.