New to KTM 03 250SX

Hey guys I picked up a 2003 250SX that needs a little TLC. It runs but the Magura clutch mc and bottom bleeder valve is missing. IKR? Crank bearings feel a little jiggly. They're just a little loose which makes me worry. Yes they'll be replaced. Piston looks tired. Cylinder jug is good.

My question is, the crankshaft side play is crazy. Up & down is good. Should it have that much? Are the Magura MC all the same or year specific? 

I usually ride Honda's but I just couldn't pass up on this deal. BTW, I'm pretty good with a wrench. So working on the bike is no problem. Big notice was the internal cases where smooth and NOT dirty like Japanese bikes.

Thanks

Just hold on tight when you get it running, those things are nasty!

Clutch MC is year specific, sort of. Most 250's will be the same, but some are "updated" versions.  

Congrats on the bike!

Edited by poldies4

The motor is town apart. I finally figured out how to remove the lest side crank bearing. The crank race is next but I don't the special tool so I'll try another method. I don't trust the lower connecting rod bearing. Looks original. Plus I've seen the youtube video were the guy rebuilt his motor except the connecting rod. And Katoom! $90 plus the labor for a little piece of mind. It's worth it.