My mods

Well my first mod on the TTR230..

Did this on my CRF230 and it works well at keeping trail crap out of the counter sprocket are

20170705_185303.jpg

looking into a fork swap for my next mod. it looks like '87 was the last year for conventional fork on the YZ125. Has anyone here fitted a set onto a TTR230..?   I can make or modify axle and stem if required, but I don't know if brake mounts will interchange or it the old triples will crash into the tank and limit the turn angle...

Mod no. 2...

Fabricated a real chain guide using nylon block and some 6061-t6 aluminum...

Now if my rim lock and spoke band ever show up. I can have a go....

20170725_185645.jpg

No clue what your mod #1 is. Cant tell. Mod #2 Im concerned your chain guide is a little too tight fitting to chain.

• Like 1

Yeah... that rear chain guide is going to be a problem. The chain will severely rub the top part (and eat through it, also put a strain on the countershaft and rear wheel bearings) once any weight s on the rear wheel.

so on to mod 3...

this isn't truly a mod, as it's a typical bolt on bit, but I thought I would use this as a base for my rant...I went to my local powersport gut to get some barkbusters for the TTR, and as expected, he has none in stock...

I try to pay attention to what I see / like when i'm out at the races, but I personally find it hard to pick a set out of a cataloge. I need to see touch a feel in order to define quality, fit and looks...and then this memory issue that I have makes it hard to recall if it was the Tusk, acerbic, 909 brand that I wanted...oh well...

I understand that most are buying on line these days, but with my sponsorship discount and lack of shipping, I can get just as good a price at my dealer, so I try to use him as much as I can. this keep his interest in sponsoring me up, and reflects interest in our sport...

BUT DANG WHY IS THERE NOTHING IN STOCK.....EVER !

bb.jpg

PS

Mod 1, removed webbing that covers the counter sprocket.

Mod 2, you may be correct, but so far the guide is working quite well, but it's not seen many hours of trail yet.. 

Edited by daled