ICE smashes E-bike record at Pikes Peak

Awesome - imagine coming off at that speed hitting one of those Cyprus trees   :cripple:

• Like 1

Mog should just post this in his thread and ignore reds new thread. Red is just trying to pull a fast one on mog. 

• Like 1

I did say red could not let it go lol

• Like 4

I guess this proves that electrics are heavy and slow. Built for nerds who have more money than speed.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mog said:

I did say red could not let it go lol

This post is factual Mog.  This is a thing that actually happened in the real world, not some mindless anti-Yamaha rhetoric like you've going on about for ages.

I can't help it if this subject happens to be something that you're super butthurt about.  

• Like 2

Red is getting grumpy as I won't play with him any more, I did say you can't let it go and thus proves it lol

• Like 2

I think what everyone is missing is that KTM just conquered another mountain....pun intended

KTM is holding the keys to the motorcycle kingdom. They are the new Honda 

• Like 6

That 1290 twin sounds like the devil. :devil:

The e bike sounds like a car getting broken into...

Edited by Casing-daily
  • Like 6

I think what everyone is missing is that KTM just conquered another mountain....pun intended
KTM is holding the keys to the motorcycle kingdom. They are the new Honda 

Only if they get a proper e bike running soon !

9 minutes ago, mog said:

Only if they get a proper e bike running soon !

I have zero interest in e bikes

• Like 3

Ktm is into niche markets , they would he crazy to not go down the e bike route

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meyermetal said:

I have zero interest in e bikes

Who cares what the powerplant is? If it is good is all that should matter. It doesn't matter to me how energy is converted, especially if the price is right. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Who cares what the powerplant is? If it is good is all that should matter. It doesn't matter to me how energy is converted, especially if the price is right. 

I have no issues with electric vehicles in fact we're thinking the new Tesla is an option for my wife's next car. As a commuter vehicle I think it makes good economic sense 

But for me bikes are about fun and when having fun I don't want to wait for a battery to charge or worry about finding a charging station while on a long ride. GAS is the way to go if you want to have fun IMO

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mog said:

Red is getting grumpy as I won't play with him any more, I did say you can't let it go and thus proves it lol

Let go of what?  Like I've already pointed out, the record setting Pike's Peak run is a thing that actually happened.

Contrast that with you trolling the 2018 YZ450 thread with pictures of a random engine that had a rod bearing fail due to fuel in the oil, which is not a new problem with fuel injection.  Was that a picture of a 2018 YZ450 engine?  No?  Then why did you post that in a thread about the 2018 YZ450?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

I have no issues with electric vehicles in fact we're thinking the new Tesla is an option for my wife's next car. As a commuter vehicle I think it makes good economic sense 

But for me bikes are about fun and when having fun I don't want to wait for a battery to charge or worry about finding a charging station while on a long ride. GAS is the way to go if you want to have fun IMO

Battery technology is changing fast and getting better all the time. You can't find a gas station if you run of gas in the wild anyway. Having a reserve (get me home) supplemental battery maybe an option in the future. I wasn't convinced on electrics till my kid got one of these it is effing awesome:

• Like 1