2014 yz250f starting issue

Hey guys. So I have a 2014 yz250f I just bought and when I got it it wouldn't start checked spark air compression all that jazz everything seemed good so I went to the choke dial thing. (For lack of proper term) and clicked it ahead a bunch and back a bunch and long story short it's way out of whack. Wasn't the issue. Ended up being the plug some how but now that I got that fixed here's the relying issue. I moved the screw so much that it wouldn't idle without the choke at first then I got that fixed so it idles decent but now sometimes it's a real hard thing to start even warm or cold. Tdc kicks help but still takes up to 12 kicks. Was told it's cause that screw isn't meant to be messed with so much. Maybe a click or two but not 30 lol. My bad.

So the question is does anyone know how many clicks or turns from wide open or closed that little screw comes from factory. I know there's roughly 81 clicks from closed to open so maybe if someone could check there's for me. I'd greatly appreciate it ! Sorry for the long post just driving me nuts. Thank you

And yes this is the only thing I need to know at the moment. Other then the screw I messed up the bike is mint

Hey guys. So I have a 2014 yz250f I just bought and when I got it it wouldn't start checked spark air compression all that jazz everything seemed good so I went to the choke dial thing. (For lack of proper term) and clicked it ahead a bunch and back a bunch and long story short it's way out of whack. Wasn't the issue. Ended up being the plug some how but now that I got that fixed here's the relying issue. I moved the screw so much that it wouldn't idle without the choke at first then I got that fixed so it idles decent but now sometimes it's a real hard thing to start even warm or cold. Tdc kicks help but still takes up to 12 kicks. Was told it's cause that screw isn't meant to be messed with so much. Maybe a click or two but not 30 lol. My bad.

So the question is does anyone know how many clicks or turns from wide open or closed that little screw comes from factory. I know there's roughly 81 clicks from closed to open so maybe if someone could check there's for me. I'd greatly appreciate it ! Sorry for the long post just driving me nuts. Thank you

And yes this is the only thing I need to know at the moment. Other then the screw I messed up the bike is mint

If nobody replies by the time I get off work tomorrow morning I will count the clicks on mine and let you know. When you pull it out, that's the high idle. If you can run it with that pulled out, turn it until it's idling pretty high then push it in and see what it does and adjust from there. I never would have guessed there were that many clicks on that thing lol

If nobody replies by the time I get off work tomorrow morning I will count the clicks on mine and let you know. When you pull it out, that's the high idle. If you can run it with that pulled out, turn it until it's idling pretty high then push it in and see what it does and adjust from there. I never would have guessed there were that many clicks on that thing lol

Right ! Haha. Thank you so much. Just took it out and it's better but I'd like to know. Thanks

Are you twisting the throttle when you're kicking it? Is, then only give out throttle (immediately) after the kick. You know.. Time it where you give it gas at the end of kick. If you can get or at least borrow a gytr tuner then you can set the issue to 2k.

• Like 1

Right ! Haha. Thank you so much. Just took it out and it's better but I'd like to know. Thanks

Did you end up checking how many clicks ?