Mounted a Starcross 5 on the rear and a Trakmaster II up front. We'll see how they do over the weekend.

20171218_150420.jpg.26647a5b18a34fb1bfccc43aff297a73.jpg

The Trakmaster II I had on the rear still has about 65% tread on it and I was really happy with how well it performed. Will buy again.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2017 at 4:35 PM, Tassieflybike said:

I went with Motoz Tractionator Enduro I/T tyres front and rear. Unbelievably good off road in a wide variety of terrain. Very noisy on road though. I've put 2,500km of hard riding on them and the rear is due for replacement. The front is fine.

I already have the replacement and based on my positive experience with the Tractionator, I am trying the Motoz Extreme Hybrid this time around. Hoping it will be a little quieter on road but still awesome offroad.

Taz

What are your thoughts on the Motoz Extreme, did you change the front too?

Kompact, how about an update? Maybe a quick run down of the pros and cons of the tires you've ran so far.

Yep, it's time for me to get new shoes for the L.

• Like 2

I replaced the IRC stock tires in 2015 with 50/50 Kenda K270 Back/Front.

After each riding seasons (April/November) I replace the rear tire (front every 2years.) Rear tire works really well for me, front... can be a bit tricky on the trail. Nothing spectacular about them, definitely not mud or sand tires but for the price. Keeping in mind, event the most expensive/aggressive tire does not work worn-out. 

Also in Nova Scotia a dual sport (Blue Plated) need DOT tires to pass a safety inspection.

Bead breaker. (Good threads left on this tire and would probably need replacing during 2018 season...since there is nothing else to do during winter)IMG_20171130_155451.jpg.5cc4ae60c01af143567fb24ef97f37e7.jpg

My tools (tire irons, a step up from screwdrivers...:rolleyes:)

IMG_20170827_064304.thumb.jpg.df490a584fe909703af55519657371df.jpg

Soap, Windex... does react with aluminum. (the soap in the soapy water had enough sodium hydroxide "Lye"  to corrode alloy rim)IMG_20171130_164451.jpg.38158972864d3ec5c9e6ed5d551969d8.jpg

Ready for 2018 Season of Trail Riding

IMG_20171201_130504.thumb.jpg.4ab5569349deffc6756c4d8a2623e84e.jpg

Edited by JPD2015

On 2/20/2018 at 0:26 PM, RudeJeepin said:

Kompact, how about an update? Maybe a quick run down of the pros and cons of the tires you've ran so far.

Yep, it's time for me to get new shoes for the L.

Had a few rides on the Starcross 5 and I really like it. But ... I did install Tubliss front and back at the same time I mounted that tire. I'm comparing it to riding with HD tubes with the rear at 13-15psi. I think I really like this tire but I can't tell how much of it is my like for the tire and how much is for Tubliss.

The Trakmaster II on the front works really well for the rocky terrain I ride in. Cheap and is holding up well.

• Like 1

Recently installed the Motoz Tractionator Enduro I/T on both the front (2nd tire) and rear (3rd tire). The front tire is the stock size of 80/100X21 and the rear tire size is 120/90/18. The rear tire rubbed on the mud flap for a little while, but is now fine and that is with the tire all the way back with the 13T front sprocket and 42T rear sprocket and a 106 link chain. I got about 5000 miles out of the front stock IRC tire, 3000 miles out of the rear stock IRC tire and my second rear tire was a Michelin AC10 that got about 2500 miles. Before the Tractionator's I road 90% street and 10% off road. Now it is more like 80% street and 20% off road with 650 miles on the Tractionator's. At 650 miles, they still have a lot of life left. These tires are much better off road than the stock IRC tires and the Michelin tire I had, but they are twitchy on road until you get used to them and or until they wear down a little. I live in South East Florida, so my off road riding is mud, sugar sand, hard sand and dirt roads. I recommend them.

250L REAR WHEEL.jpg

250L FRONT WHEEL.jpg

7 hours ago, JACOB JAKE said:

Recently installed the Motoz Tractionator Enduro I/T

They will probably be my next fitment...a friend I ride with has them on his CRF and they're holding up quite well.

Just before coming back to work I fitted a new Kenda K-760 that I had ordered ages ago...went for the 100/100 this time.

All ready to go for when I get home in Dec...

New Tyre Time (Medium).jpg

I've got the tractionator I/Ts on mine (front and rear)...in the woods they're like a teenager at the prom (they will hook up). on the road they're a little squirmy. not sure how many  miles I've got on them (really need to get a log book) but the rear is showing wear. nothing extreme, but it's there.

They will probably be my next fitment...a friend I ride with has them on his CRF and they're holding up quite well.
Just before coming back to work I fitted a new Kenda K-760 that I had ordered ages ago...went for the 100/100 this time.
All ready to go for when I get home in Dec...

886579463_NewTyreTime(Medium).thumb.jpg.e5beae6833a9c8c6792e72275bb173f1.jpg
Man those wheels make a big difference in looks