Trouble with bike stalling

Hey so I took my bike out to the track today and had a hell of a time with it. So I pulled the choke out to start it as always and it started. I let it warm up for a bit and put the choke back in and let it idle for a bit. However when I tried to take off it kept stalling as if it was cold. So I kept doing the same thing all over again. Again and again it stalled. It even stalled if I tried to ride it in first gear with the choke all the way out. I can't half choke it. Only full or no choke. I ended up draining the carb but still had the same problems. I couldn't even rev it up to warm the engine any. Thing is- it was like 26 degrees C outside today. My coolant is fine, oil is fine. Wondering if I should check the air filter. I did end up getting it running and rode for a half hour or so and it ran fine. But there's no way it was because the engine hadn't warmed up enough... any ideas?

I should also add that it revved up super high when the choke was out but wouldn't idle down- don't know if that's normal for it

The pilot jet is very suceptible to becoming clogged on that bike.

Changing to a 45 if climate allows helps. Shutting off the fuel and draining the bowl if the bike is going to sit for more than a few days also helps

The pilot jet is very suceptible to becoming clogged on that bike.
Changing to a 45 if climate allows helps. Shutting off the fuel and draining the bowl if the bike is going to sit for more than a few days also helps

Thanks! Yeah, it had been a couple weeks since I last rode it so I'll drain it and shut off the fuel next time and see if that makes a difference at all!

If you open the throttle when the choke is on, it will rev up and not idle down until you shut the choke off. 

Sounds like bad fuel.  Does your fuel have ethanol?  It can draw moisture and can puddle in the carb.

• Like 1

If you open the throttle when the choke is on, it will rev up and not idle down until you shut the choke off. 
Sounds like bad fuel.  Does your fuel have ethanol?  It can draw moisture and can puddle in the carb.

Fuel should be good as I only use premium in it... maybe I'll drain the tank anyhow. I need to change the oil this week too thanks!