Best New Trail Sport Quad

Hey guys,

I currently own a 2007 Honda 400ex and use it on the trails and roads, but am looking to upgrade. The trails I ride are wooded, but open trails, where we ride very fast. Where I ride also includes a lot of road routes, which we ride at full throttle. I am really looking for more top end speed, as the low end power is great already. I am 15 years old, 5'10", and 130lbs. I have been riding since I could walk, and consider myself pretty experienced. I have definitely honed in my riding skills in the last couple years, but I know I still have a lot to learn. I am considering either an Ltz 400, Raptor 700, or any 450 sport quad. My only hold back on the 700 is the weight because I am not exactly heavy, or super strong. I like the 450s, but I don't know if they are the best trail quads. I have been a die hard Honda rider since the beginning, and have grown up in a strong Honda household, so this would be my first manufacture choice. Other than that I would prefer to stick to the Japanese quads. Maintenance would not be an issue as I have previously rebuilt engines, and know how to treat them well, and keep them running. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Tommy

I've owned a KFX400 for 4 years ( same as Z400 ) and more recently a Raptor 700 for 5 years. Both were bullitt proof and had zero problems with each. Hands down the Raptor is the best choice for an all around trail sport quad. I quickly found myself riding to the limits of the 400. I would stay away from the 450's. They are wider and lower so picking your lines on the trails is more challenging to prevent dragging the rear and fitting through tight places. Also the 450 motors a high strung and would require more maintenance attention. The only engine maintenance I had to do to the KFX or Raptor was oil and filter changes.