Forks!? Kyb psf2

I blew my fork seals on my 2015 crf 450r I've never done seals before but am mechanically inclined. My question, how hard is it to rebuild them myself!?

Before you do that, they may just need decontaminated, pull the dust seal down and run a .003 feeler gauge around.  I thought I blew mine on my 2016 recently but they just needed cleaned out.

Good luck, but if you have to replace them it's not hard at all, get some fork oil ;-)

• Like 2

Before you do that, they may just need decontaminated, pull the dust seal down and run a .003 feeler gauge around.  I thought I blew mine on my 2016 recently but they just needed cleaned out.
Good luck, but if you have to replace them it's not hard at all, get some fork oil ;-)

Ok thanks! I'll give that a try

I’m in the same situation with a 2016 crf450r with the psf2 forks. I’ve done a set of spring forks but what’s getting me is the manual shows no cap wrench. Just a open end box wrench to remove the top cap. Also the bottom is a Allen bolt. I can’t find a video anywhere on this type of fork! Can someone toss some advice my way!!

You need a special socket to remove the fork damper. You can buy one or make one. Its about 85 bucks to buy it.