2017 End of Year Price??

I've seen some posts on here regarding Power Yamaha in OR selling surplus KX250F's for $4,999 OTD in September 2014.  Is this a typical price for overstock/surplus inventory at the end of the year?  Does anybody know of any other locations with similar pricing closer to Wisconsin?

Use cycle trader. They have new 2016s selling for 4999 before fees. Demos listed for typically less than that which don't customarily include additive fees. Use the URL below and change location for Wisconsin.

https://www.cycletrader.com/search-results?zip=98110&radius=400&sort=featured%3Aasc&page=1&type=Motorcycle|356953&make=Kawasaki|2318344&model=KX|764948522&trim=250F|2360&

Not that ive seen. Now a days for a leftover they dont go much beyond $5999.00

Unless you are a top tier competitor running for the prize money and have sponsors footing the bills ... Just go buy a 5 to 8 year old bike.  You will be WAAAY ahead in your wallet.  Even if repairs/rebuild is required.  The parts and tech on bikes really doesn't "substantially" change much decade to decade.  Despite all the marketing and magazine hype ....  Often the only difference from one year to the next is the year code of the print/stamp on the steering post and maybe the bolt location on the plastics. Nothing else and rarely anything more.  And know that a brand new set of crispy flashy plastics and popping graphics for that ratty looking but solid used bike will cost a mere 250$.  Waaaay cheaper than a new one, runs just as fast/faster, and looks good or better with a new suit.

Please, just buy good used bikes.  You and your bank account will thank me after 5-6 years and 2 to 4 bikes later.  After saving about 10-15k by then, you can then send me the cheque for my sage advice.

Edited by FaceDeAce