Shift shaft seal?

I have a ttr-125L and I threw the chain and the front sprocket pulled it up into the lower crank case and bent the shift shaftits leaking oil now from what I think is the shift shaft seal but I want some help from someone more experienced and recommendations on what I should do

First, you will need the shift shaft removed and probably replaced. You do not want to simply 'drive the shaft out while it is bent. You probably will not be able to straighten it. So... a good shop is going to need to cut the shaft off between the bend and the engine so the shaft may be able to easily slip out. Then a new seal can be installed along with a new shaft. About two/three shop hours of time, a shaft, a seal, a gasket and oil.

Clean the area carefully and post a few good pictures to confirm your problem.

• Like 1

Hopefully your case isn't cracked. But, if your'e mechanical at all: drain the oil,  just take of the right case, (you're going to have scrap the gasket perfect - it's the worse part), Take off the clutch, then try and get the shaft out by twisting it back and forth and pulling.  If that doesn't work, tap it with a hammer (tap, not hit). I've never had it not come out. But if it still doesn't, use a 4" cut-off grinder and cut it. Then punch it through.  Inspect it, to make it's not damaged. Reassemble. Use, gasket remover for he gasket and a single sided blade. DON'T hack the case up or it will leak. It's not all that hard, but a manual will be useful. 

2 hours ago, socalxr said:

Hopefully your case isn't cracked. But, if your'e mechanical at all: drain the oil,  just take of the right case, (you're going to have scrap the gasket perfect - it's the worse part), Take off the clutch, then try and get the shaft out by twisting it back and forth and pulling.  If that doesn't work, tap it with a hammer (tap, not hit). I've never had it not come out. But if it still doesn't, use a 4" cut-off grinder and cut it. Then punch it through.  Inspect it, to make it's not damaged. Reassemble. Use, gasket remover for he gasket and a single sided blade. DON'T hack the case up or it will leak. It's not all that hard, but a manual will be useful. 

Alright will do it runs and drives right now just leaks like a teaspoon a night unless i lean it on the right side then it doesnt leak

Also, invest in a chain guide.  It will eliminate that ever happening again. 

1 minute ago, socalxr said:

Also, invest in a chain guide.  It will eliminate that ever happening again. 

yeah i was planning on it thanks