Value of 2000 KDX220?

How much would you pay for a super clean 2000 Kawasaki KDX220? Completely stock besides a lowering link. Has the original link. Very low hours. The guy thinks it is original tires and piston, but being 17 years old, I doubt the tires would not be dry rotted. He is the third owner. I also doubt that the piston wouldn't have grenaded. They were all older men that never got around to riding it, so it looks almost brand new.

He is asking $2450 OBO. While it is pretty and looks very well taken care of, I think that is pretty high. KBB has an excellent one at only $1250. They are not made anymore and are getting harder to find, however. I have been searching for a while, and ones in a lot worse shape are going for around $1500 in Michigan. What do you think?

Here is the ad: https://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/6205865594.html

Edited by Johngray1206

Very nice original bike! I would buy it just to sit it in my living room. :ride: KBB has no clue on real market value for dirt bikes IMO. Sounds like a somewhat reasonable price for such a clean bike but I would probably only go $2100-2200.

I agree. That is a very nice 220. I don't see any boot frame wear! 

I paid $1900 for my 05 220 one owner in 2013. That 2000 looks to be the same condition. He was asking $1900. I just handed him the $ , grabbed the title and ran. I got lucky.  

220 is a excellent woods weapon. I would pay up for that bike. Many are just beat.

Good luck!

My 220

041314155536.jpg

Edited by S10gto

By the pics everything looks correct. Original rear sprocket too!

Go get it!

If clapped out ones are ging for $1,500 in your area, you may want to think...can I get a clapped out $1,500 one and put $950 into it and it be in as good of condition as the $2,450 one? HELL NO!!

KBB is about worthless.

Think of what a NEW somewhat similar bike costs. $4,200 for Yamaha TT-R230, which is less of a bike than a KDX (probably the same for the Honda CRF230F)... Any Yamaha WR250F, YZ250X, KTM 250, etc. is 7 -8 K out the door. It's 5 or 6 K less than some new bikes.

If I were shopping for a trail bike, that would be a great one to look hard into getting. I might try to get him to knock $200 off for new tires and tubes, then pay up if he said no.