Value of Clean 2000 KDX220?

How much would you pay for a super clean 2000 Kawasaki KDX220? Completely stock besides a lowering link. Has the original link. Very low hours. The guy thinks it is original tires and piston, but being 17 years old, I doubt the tires would not be dry rotted. He is the third owner. I also doubt that the piston wouldn't have grenaded. They were all older men that never got around to riding it, so it looks almost brand new.

He is asking $2450 OBO. While it is pretty and looks very well taken care of, I think that is pretty high. KBB has an excellent one at only $1250. They are not made anymore and are getting harder to find, however. I have been searching for a while, and ones in a lot worse shape are going for around $1500 in Michigan. What do you think?

Here is the ad: https://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/6205865594.html

That is one clean looking bike. It is either a true low hour bike or someone went through a lot of work. If that bike was for sale where im at thats a $2000-2400 bike. If thats what you want your probably not going to find anything nicer. Go look at it and make a lower offer maybe $2000?  Bikes have gone back up  in price this last year from what I've seen.

nice bike.  Wouldnt surprise me if it has the original piston...which means that because the 220 KDX piston frequently cracked you now have $200 investment beyond purchase price to make.  Also need to add tires and an aftermarket exhaust (there's $300 more right there).  Keep the original pipe of course, but the performance with the OEM pipe is pretty pathetic.

I bought a 2006 KDX200 a couple years ago for my daughter.  Looked like the one in the ad.  Had 84 miles on trip meter.  Owner didnt know it was resettable.  Based on the condition of the rest of the bike I think that was the original usage.  The gas tank did have a pretty good gouge in it from trailering and having something sharp rubbing against tank.  I bought for $1800 cash right around new year's (e.g. middle of winter).   I think the value is dictated by whatever else you can get for $2500.  I personally think its pricey unless you dont have other alternatives.  I could go out and get a clean low hour 2005-2009 WR250F for that kind of money.  Hell I bought an '07 WR450F with very low hours/usage, aftermarket exhaust and tank (along with original stuff) for $2950.  Could probably snag an '08-09 WR450F for $2500-$3000.

There are limited choices out there for smaller stature people with two stroke enduro bikes, which I why I think the KDX has kept so much value.  What can you snag a 200/250 KTM EXC/XC-W for in your neck of the woods.  Those are the modern equivalent, but they are taller than the KDX.