What's missing? (Carburetor )

1 hour ago, TY REX said:

Found the fuel screw and set 2.5 turns out (factory). 

Does anyone know what goes in the threaded hole in the first picture? 

Here is my best shot based on my DR-350 carb.

DR-650_carb.jpg

Here is my best shot based on my DR-350 carb.
DR-650_carb.jpg.2a06d59f8677940392d71be38aab7942.jpg

The small screw you have labeled as fuel/air is the float drain. The hole below it labeled missing vent is where the fuel comes out when the screw is turned counter clockwise.
  • Like 1

I took a look at mine this morning and it looks just like yours. I wouldn't worry about it.20170707_073823.thumb.jpg.973da5efab1f71f84af3da58fd398e95.jpg

Great, thanks.

I'm assuming that the sputtering issues is from bad gas or clogged jets or fuel screw mixture.

Things I would try: take out all jets and spray with carb cleaner and blow out with compressed air.
Check your float height.
Change or clean the air filter.
Check your 2 in-line filters. There's one from your petcock to your fuel line and another where the fuel line connects to the carb. Clean those out if there's gunk in them.
Dump a can of seafoam in the gas tank.
When it sounds like it's running smooth go for a 10 minute (not just around the block) ride and park it in neutral. Turn your fuel mixture screw in until it sounds like your engine is going to die and then turn it back out a half turn.

Thanks. 

I just replaced the air filter with a UNI. And I drained the gas tank. It's probably worth telling that I just bought this bike and it was a little neglected. The air filter was trashed and I don't know what the age of the gas, so I'm getting rid of it. 

I hate to take apart the carb as I'm not all that familiar with the DR650; I have on owned Honda XRs. But, I got a feeling that ethonal has probably gummed some things up. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TY REX said:

Thanks. 

I just replaced the air filter with a UNI. And I drained the gas tank. It's probably worth telling that I just bought this bike and it was a little neglected. The air filter was trashed and I don't know what the age of the gas, so I'm getting rid of it. 

I hate to take apart the carb as I'm not all that familiar with the DR650; I have on owned Honda XRs. But, I got a feeling that ethonal has probably gummed some things up. 

Old gas by itself can gum up a carb.  Add in ethanol and the odds get better.

To close this out: 

I blew out all the ports with compressed air. Found that the pilot jet was mostly clogged. Added new gas with Stabil ethanol stabilizer. #150 jet with a new UNI filter. Runs good now. 

The float bowl was covered in gold ethanol residue, so the gas just sat too long in the bike.

Thanks for all the help.

• Like 2

To close this out: 
I blew out all the ports with compressed air. Found that the pilot jet was mostly clogged. Added new gas with Stabil ethanol stabilizer. #150 jet with a new UNI filter. Runs good now. 
The float bowl was covered in gold ethanol residue, so the gas just sat too long in the bike.
Thanks for all the help.

Glad to hear you worked it out.