Tiny ball bearings in oil?

Anyone want to make a guess as to what this is from? Drained the oil and found these on the drain plug magnet. IMG_3740.JPGIMG_3741.JPG

My guess is the Factory Pro shift detent ball bearings. IMG_3742.JPGthis guys replacement.

I'm about to tear it apart to find out just wanted to see if this happened to anyone before with the factory pro detent. Good thing I have a spare gasket. I was getting this thing prepped to sell so I could display it at the track this weekend and see if I get anyone interested. Just my luck that this happened.

I'll post back what I find

Well that was it...Image1499388129.061778.jpg
So much for that.. I did hit a false neutral last Sunday one time but I didn't even think that I had a problem since I still rode for a little while after that.

Here it is after taken out.
IMG_3746.JPG
I fished around with a magnet after taking both oil strainers out and think I got all the bearings out. Counted 12 anyway. Probably do another drain and fill after I get it all back together just to make sure.

• Like 1

So I did this...
IMG_3743.JPG
I can't believe I did that. I've replaced clutch baskets over a dozen times and I make this rookie mistake. Fml...
Getting this bike advertised this weekend isn't meant to be lol.
Got one on order so should be good the following weekend.
Moral of the story, don't get in a rush...

• Like 3