BDSB Power Cap issues on my 2017 exc-f 500 (usa)

Have a 2017 exc-f 500, went from DRZ's to KTM, much love to the DRZ but the KTM...WOW! Unbelievable bike. Checked the TPS setting after putting on a BDSB power cap on it and it was set at .32, sounds low compared to the other forums I read, before the cap the bike ran like a top ( I was hoping for a nicer sound with the power cap..sounds great!) Turning up the TPS she pops (backfires) and fffttt,ffffttt sounds on deceleration. The TPS max's out at about .54-.55 on the volt meter (using a tps tool) no more adjustment. I've had it set at .48 ran and started easy but backfire on deceleration-.5..same.. up to .54 still pop'n and fffttt,fffttt on deceleration but still runs and starts fine, plenty of power and cooler-less fan, sounds nice. I ride dirt roads (35-45 mph) to get to the class 4 roads (1st,2nd and sometimes 3rd gear stuff) 500 ft elevation, Vt. Should I go less on the TPS, stock was .32 If it ran real rich, what should I feel or hear? and if too lean? I know this is very opinionated topic..but I do appreciate every ones 2cents.. Thanks

From what I hear the book spec is .40 TPS on the 17/s  and that's with the butterfly bottomed out closed, meaning no idle turns. so as you turn the idle out the tps value will go higher.

But seriously , those bikes are so lean and choked, your going to need a lot more than a tps adjustment

Edited by Spud786

Remap perhaps? Wasn't looking for big power gains, just a cooler running and better sounding bike.

Back to .45-.451 TPS setting, still backfires and pops, might ditch the end cap and try the stock one again.

Make sure there are no air leaks in the exhaust, especially in the header area.  Air leaks can lead to popping regardless of how the engine is tuned. 

Remap a simple process? cost? Will any ktm dealer do it ? and does it lead to other mods? I apologize for being a little naive on the matter 

Nobody maps them anymore or it's hard to find someone. I just put the JD tuner on mine and no more worries.