Thoughts on buying used tensioner Assembly

Hey guys , just recently bought a new cam chain for my 2010 yz 250f and am trying to find a new tensioner assembly online , I am having no luck . Any links would be appreciated!  Also , on eBay there are used tensioner assemblies they do not state the hours on the part though.  Would any of those be safe to buy ? 

If the bike is 7+ years old now, with unknown hours, I say replacing the tensioner is a smart move...but gambling on a used one, most definitely is not.  

Go new.  RM has them in stock.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/3  

#10 on the diagram (part #5TA-12210-20-00).  Pick up a new gasket (#9), as well.  Unless you got one in a top-end kit, already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmfreeman535 said:

If the bike is 7+ years old now, with unknown hours, I say replacing the tensioner is a smart move...but gambling on a used one, most definitely is not.  

Go new.  RM has them in stock.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/3  

#10 on the diagram (part #5TA-12210-20-00).  Pick up a new gasket (#9), as well.  Unless you got one in a top-end kit, already.

THATS the site i was looking for , thanks a bunch !

28 minutes ago, Dave Thomson said:

I hear a chain slap noise to when going uphill in to low of a gear , is that normal ? I'm super newb to dirt bikes. Lol

Yes that's normal. Can be chain slap or knocking in the motor due to lugging the engine too much.

How is the bike? Does it seem to have hundreds of hours on it ? I wouldn't bother with the tensioner unless the bike has a lot of hours on it. Post up a pick of the bike right hand side, you can judge a bit by clutch cover and shock resovoir boot rub. 

• Like 1