2003 Kx100 did i get a good deal?

Hey guys I just made possibly the best purchase in my life I bought a clean running kx100 for $200 it was only posted for a few minutes before i told him i would take it. Was this a good deal? I'm 6' 4" And am just using this as a pit bike right now but I just want to know if this was a good deal the only reason I said it was is because some friends told me I got super lucky but Idk anything about Kawasaki. 

• Like 1

That's awesome, it also has unbreakable levers and is super fun to drive... if anyone else has a kx100 could you tell me what are some good upgrades to get? 

Oh And it's not sketchy I got the title and called the police station and had them run the vin and it was clean

That's awesome, it also has unbreakable levers and is super fun to drive... if anyone else has a kx100 could you tell me what are some good upgrades to get? 

the proper gear for yourself, as a beginner the bike will be fast enough.
  • Like 1

First thing to do,is get a manual your going to need it soon. These bikes (MX) don't run forever and you will soon see that, maintenance is a big part of keeping your ride running.

eg

Airfilter 

chain

reeds

topend

sprockets

bearings

muffller packing....

not trying to scare you off , just pointing you in the correct direction 

these bikes are all money pits and if you don't keep up maintenance your fun will soon come to an end.

Edited by CRJohnny
  • Like 1

I bought an 03 KX100 for $900 7 years ago so you got a great deal. Ran great with plenty of power but after a year decided to take a look at the top end. Piston was scored along with the cylinder. If I kept riding it as is, it would have needed a new bottom end as well.